User Tag List

Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyduo View Post
    Whoever the commentator was when Boe played against Morgensen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ne7_lzCST4

You could tell the commentator was a bit clueless. I'm sure there are some ex-Indian pros or Indian coaches that could provide better analysis than they ones they picked.
    Ah sorry I thought your gripe was because they were not Indian. I had only heard Steen commentate with an English guy and they were excellent the best in the biz, that's why I thought you were angling for Indian commentary.

The Vodafone IBL Commentators team comprises of some of the most experienced and iconic voices behind the mic, led by noted sports broadcaster Gary Bloom, former National coach of Denmark and an astute badminton commentator Steen Pedersen, eight-time National women singles champion Madhumita Bisht, former Indian badminton player Sanjay Sharma, former National player and actor Nirmala Kotnis and well-known sports columnist and commentator Ayaz Menon.

Although I missed that match I assume from the way you talk the actor Kotnis or general commentator Menon? were doing it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post

This is taken when Banga Beats celebrated Hu Yun's won. I got several questions:

1. Who is this lovely, elated, beautiful and gorgeous gal?
    2. What's in her right belly ?
    3. Why the man behind her looked so sad when his team won?
    4. Who's the girl in green? a player? looks like a Thai

Thanks in advance.
    1. Nobody seems to know I can tell you she is not a player. I think she is an assistant to boss man, possibly does PR or something. She has been at every match creating an atmosphere
    2. That scar is an appendix scar. She must have had her appendix out.
    3. That man is a coach he is busy strategizing with a level head
    4. She is not a player. Just a random.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oops post #478

The commentary Team spiel I lifted from www.indianbadmintonleague.co forgot to cite sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when is LCW playing in IBL?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbinton84 View Post
    when is LCW playing in IBL?
    Mumbai Masters boss in an interview said he would arrive on Sunday(yesterday) and they have a game tomorrow so I reckon tomorrow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    Ah sorry I thought your gripe was because they were not Indian. I had only heard Steen commentate with an English guy and they were excellent the best in the biz, that's why I thought you were angling for Indian commentary.

The Vodafone IBL Commentators team comprises of some of the most experienced and iconic voices behind the mic, led by noted sports broadcaster Gary Bloom, former National coach of Denmark and an astute badminton commentator Steen Pedersen, eight-time National women singles champion Madhumita Bisht, former Indian badminton player Sanjay Sharma, former National player and actor Nirmala Kotnis and well-known sports columnist and commentator Ayaz Menon.

Although I missed that match I assume from the way you talk the actor Kotnis or general commentator Menon? were doing it.
    Out of these the badminton commenting acumen of eight-time National women singles champion Madhumita Bisht, former Indian badminton player Sanjay Sharma, former National player and actor Nirmala Kotnis and well-known sports columnist and commentator Ayaz Menon.
    are all doubtful, full of lostness coming out as pauses, seems aint comfortable speaking out of nervousness or may be cause of not coming from an english speaking background may be and loss of talking about strategies, generating interest, talking about some trivia or interesting stuff, that would make us want hearing them.
    Right now, They are all speakers not commentators from what they say, I hear.
    Anyways, Yes its all the first time for them and they would definitely get better at commenting but I am quoting Sanjay and Madhumita:
    Sanjay: Tina is from Netherlands, no?
    Madhumita: No she is from Denmark!
    [Come'on things like this, its GK not even badminton....]

I burst out laughing after hearing this and lost all interest in whatever they were saying after this.
    Others I havent heard on youtube... so cant say...
    Last edited by gopalprasad; 08-19-2013 at 06:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ones commenting Boe vs Morgensen talked little about the strategy. There was no depth to their commentary.

I don't mind if they are Indian, British, Denmark, etc. As long as they sound knowledgeable and interesting.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ones commenting Boe vs Morgensen talked little about the strategy. There was no depth to their commentary.

I don't mind if they are Indian, British, Denmark, etc. As long as they sound knowledgeable and interesting.
    Yeah gotcha. They do have Steen Pedersen at least and the rest seem like they should be able to be informative enough(maybe they need to find their feet).
    For the first few matches of IBL you tube had no commentary at all, so at least they have someone speaking now.
    Don't take it to hard It's the "IBL way" nobody knows what they are doing(umpires, interviewers, organizers,on site technical staff), just get on board and enjoy the spectacle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah gotcha. They do have Steen Pedersen at least and the rest seem like they should be able to be informative enough(maybe they need to find their feet).
    For the first few matches of IBL you tube had no commentary at all, so at least they have someone speaking now.
    Don't take it to hard It's the "IBL way" nobody knows what they are doing(umpires, interviewers, organizers,on site technical staff), just get on board and enjoy the spectacle
    Yeah, I hope they iron out their kinks during the tournament. Otherwise, I actually find it more entertaining than the typical SS. We get to see "what if" partnership scenarios (ie. Boe and Kido). And we e get to see players play other events they normally would not play. Watching Carolina Marina play mixed now!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or the press!
    http://sports.ndtv.com/othersports/b...pform=showcase

This article Says LCW is over and training so that answers that.

Although it is just mind bending how confused they are over their.

The article says it can now field both LCW and Ivanov in the singles. Apparently Ivanov is the first choice after LCW as he is ranked 14 in the world. Marc Zweibler would be the alternate.
    I understand why this happened and it was an issue I have raised before due to the fact that they have been switching the MS1 to play MS2 trying to pull a fast one on opposing teams. As if everyone over their is not confused enough, confusing the press into thinking the MS1 must be the best and no idea how they arrive at the rest of their conclusions.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I hope they iron out their kinks during the tournament. Otherwise, I actually find it more entertaining than the typical SS. We get to see "what if" partnership scenarios (ie. Boe and Kido). And we e get to see players play other events they normally would not play. Watching Carolina Marina play mixed now!
    Yip,

They have given the game personality(more personality than BWF could have dreamed of injecting).

It is a great event, really entertaining really enjoyable to watch. It has a real personal touch to it with the players, owners, coaches all in the dug out and it is clear all the players are enjoying it. You get to see far more of the players personalities too and interesting to watch them internationally mingle. I don't think it will ever be taken that seriously to have a complete professional set up but do they even want that? If every body enjoys it and it financially works then sorted.
    The kinks are pretty painful at times though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was referring to articles like this:
    http://www.indianexpress.com/news/on...press/1156616/
    Take a bow Gopi!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    This is taken when Banga Beats celebrated Hu Yun's won. I got several questions:

1. Who is this lovely, elated, beautiful and gorgeous gal?
    2. What's in her right belly ?
    3. Why the man behind her looked so sad when his team won?
    4. Who's the girl in green? a player? looks like a Thai

Thanks in advance.
    Answer to question 1 & 4 --
    1) This is taken from a commentary- She is a "friend" of one of the owner of Banga Beats.
    4) She is one of the local organising ladies. I guess you are thinking she "looks" Thai - because of her facial features. Given Indian population you will find people of "looks" of all countries in world.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So interesting match
    Shenck VS Saina

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Penwinack View Post
    So interesting match
    Shenck VS Saina
    Did you watch the men's singles? Who won?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  india222.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  33.7 KB

Todays matches Ajay already taken down By TMN

1-0 to Pune

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  india222.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  33.7 KB

Todays matches Ajay already taken down By TMN

1-0 to Pune
    Thanks! Missed it!

Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast