User Tag List

Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 LastLast
Results 1,072 to 1,088 of 1130
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    Mathias Boe tweet before he leave India, Is he forgiven?
    Attachment 148958
    He's long forgiven.Yes, it was stupid of him to make such comments but his frustration was understandable. Also, he won all but one match he played in this IBL. So, fans will excuse him for those remarks he made before.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    No.. I don't think so. I will confirm you if i got any news regarding this or our BC member @Oldhand may help us regarding this. He is able to get information about the happenings inside our indian team.
    Thanks it would be great to find out if they are contracted to get a share of the prize money or if it is just a goodwill gesture from the team, and either way, how much.

It makes sense that the franchise to receive the moneys and it is up to them where to invest the money.
    For instance do they want to keep existing players from leaving(after next year) by giving massive bonuses or spend it on marketing or whatever. At the end of the day the franchises need to become rich from this venture, for it all to succeed and for the auction prices to go through the roof for the players in say 5 years time. If the franchises just keep giving away all the money there will be no way for IBL to grow and they have to rebuy the franchise in 5 years at a crazy amount again. Think of how franchises work in other sports like NFL for instance.
    Last edited by craigandy; 09-01-2013 at 09:20 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks it would be great to find out if they are contracted to get a share of the prize money or if it is just a goodwill gesture from the team, and either way, how much.

It makes sense that the franchise to receive the moneys and it is up to them where to invest the money.
    For instance do they want to keep existing players from leaving(after next year) by giving massive bonuses or spend it on marketing or whatever. At the end of the day the franchises need to become rich from this venture, for it all to succeed and for the auction prices to go through the roof for the players in say 5 years time. If the franchises just keep giving away all the money there will be no way for IBL to grow and they have to rebuy the franchise in 5 years at a crazy amount again. Think of how franchises work in other sports like NFL for instance.
    Franchise get the returns from hosting the event when the tie happens to be in their city with the help of sponsors, tickets and ads etc. Truly speaking, they never think about prize money as it only goes to two teams.. All other things comes under their scanner in order to get the returns.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfantb View Post
    He's long forgiven.Yes, it was stupid of him to make such comments but his frustration was understandable. Also, he won all but one match he played in this IBL. So, fans will excuse him for those remarks he made before.
    You said you are new member.. But your PM inbox is already full . I think you have to delete some to receive further PM from members..

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Franchise get the returns from hosting the event when the tie happens to be in their city with the help of sponsors, tickets and ads etc. Truly speaking, they never think about prize money as it only goes to two teams.. All other things comes under their scanner in order to get the returns.
    Well I hope we get the answer, either way I am ok with. I just think it is crazy to think that all the players in HH including under 19 player is going to get $30k each or whatever it was for winning. And more so that the press has not yet picked up on this and even more so that the IBL has not been marketing this fact to the fans and players. Don't make sense.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine Lin Dan Vs LCW in IBL. BWF should have made efforts to make this happen. Would have been an enormous publicity for the event as well as for badminton.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winner got $494682.50 cheque. If the team has got 13 members (including coaches), each one will receive $38,052.50.

Runner got $270933.80 as cheque. If the team has got 13 members (including coaches) , each one will receive $20,841.06
    Don't know where you get that from.
    Prizemoney will go to club who would have their own criteria to distribute. Since IBL is modelled after IPL that is what is likely to happen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_...ue#Prize_Money

Same with football league like Champions League where players already get a salary and prizemoney goes to the club and club has criteria to distribute some of it to players (depending on performance etc)

If you are to look at it logically, their auction price was x amount and they are contracted for 2 years, so I think this is most likely their 2 year payment. They may receive other small bonuses along the way along with travel and accommodation, but I would be surprised if they got this amount again next year even though they are contracted to 2 years. I obviously don't know the answer that's why I asked but I would say this is most probable.
    All the fuss that comes out of the press over there I assume only comes out because you can still bribe/control what you want the press to write for marketing, because most of what has been written about this league has been blatant in it's lies. Saying that there is still massive opportunity look at LCW's price and JS price.
    That is yearly salary. They would follow rules like IPL http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_...urnament_Rules where in next season players can be bought, sold and traded amongst the clubs. So for eg. PP may put Schenk up for sale for $100K and if club AB buys her for $100K, $10K will go to HH and $90K will be Schenk salary

Quote Originally Posted by paroxysmal View Post
    Imagine Lin Dan Vs LCW in IBL. BWF should have made efforts to make this happen. Would have been an enormous publicity for the event as well as for badminton.
    Nah may never happen. LD is playing so few events and latest is Dutch Open and will likely retire soon. For someone who has won everything and cemented himself as greatest ever (though arguably some may say Zhao Jianhua is more talented), he has nothing else to prove and nothing else to play for. He will play cos he enjoys it but when he has family additions soon, he will likely scale down further and retire. LCW on other hand is still hungry to chase the elusive WC or Olympic gold.
    So really better savor any meeting between LD and LCW in any tournament cos LD will not be around for much longer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While the IBL was fun and exciting to watch, only the Women's singles is of high standard.
    The Men's singles and doubles standard leaves much to be desired.
    While bringing China players may not be a reality soon, they should really go after the Korean and Indonesian doubles to offer some serious competition to Koo/Tan and Markis/Boe. And really why didn't any franchise buy both Morgansten and Boe pair together?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by terranova View Post

That is yearly salary. They would follow rules like IPL http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_...urnament_Rules where in next season players can be bought, sold and traded amongst the clubs. So for eg. PP may put Schenk up for sale for $100K and if club AB buys her for $100K, $10K will go to HH and $90K will be Schenk salary
    Thanks for that. That makes sense. Should be exciting to see the trades and buys that happen next year then. I take it there will be a way to drop players? or will the club still have to pay them or is there a get out clause from the clubs side?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, as far as the auction money...it is yearly salary and it will be give to you if you make yourself available....

and about the prize money IPL has a clause that at least 50% of the prize money should go to the players....and anything above that is upto the franchises...dunno about IBL...

And about dropping players, it's players wish and there is no getout clause from the side of clubs......the only one who can terminate contracts are organizing committee...

And about the trading...a small correction...A franchise can put a player into trading window(when his contract of 2 years is not expired) only with the acceptance from the player and at that time
    --- if he was sold for lesser amount that his annual salary, the rest is payed by the selling franchise
    EG: IF LCW is sold for 100K then the rest 35K must be paid by MM
    --- and if he is sold for larger amount than his annual salary then the increase in amount will be shared by selling franchise and the player
    EG: IF LCW is sold for 150K the increase i.e, 15K is shared between LCW and MM..(small mistake by terranova here I think)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IBL to have 4 more new teams starting next year

MUMBAI: The inaugural Indian Badminton League (IBL) has been a grand success with the organisers, players, commercial partners and the audience left thirsting for more in the next season. Four more new franchises and more global shuttling stars are likely additions to the excitement in IBL 2.

The Badminton Association of India (BAI) president Akhilesh Das Gupta is promising an even bigger spectacle next year. "When we thought of doing something like this we were looking at two models. One like IPL in cricket where the board puts in all the money and runs the show and two, which we went for, was outsourcing of the event. We didn't have much money so in a way didn't have many options, but in the end it turned out to be good because we had visualized badminton as a sport with mass appeal and a sport that provides entertainment value. IBL has delivered that in the best possible manner," said Das Gupta soon after the final on Saturday.

More importantly, the BAI chief revealed to TOI that an offer of Rs 20 crore(me:minimum is 3.5 crore but we don't know how much the current franchises are paying to the organisers) to buy a new franchise for the next year has been made from Kolkata. "We shall have four more teams and to see the valuation go up is a great sign," he said.

Initially, the IBL was valued at around Rs 50 crores but the commercial partners are claiming the value to be double the amount. "We are more than delighted. The ticket sales itself have fetched us Rs 2.5 crores($400,000)," said Ashish Chadha, CEO, Sporty Solutionz, the promoters of the IBL.

The biggest endorsement though came from ace shuttler Saina Nehwal herself who said, "You can say that big-time badminton has arrived in India. We have all the top players in the world playing here and we shall have more coming in the next year. For the Indian players, in particular, it has never been so good. The crowds at all venues have been awesome."

"It is great that the IBL became a big hit in its first year itself," said India's national coach Pullela Gopichand. "The players loved it, so did the crowds in all the six cities it was played in."

On the other hand ace shuttler Saina Nehwal, who had an an unbeaten run that helped Hyderabad Hotshots lift the inaugural IBL title, said she expects the $1 million event to become as big as cricket's IPL in the coming years.

"Nobody expected it would be so successful because everyone was comparing it with the IPL, which is actually not right at this point of time... and we are trying to make it big but the first year things won't be easy. I am sure in the coming years, it will catch up with the IPL," she said. The BAI also has to thank the IBL council vice-chairman president of the Maharashtra Badminton Association (MBA) Pradeep Gandhe for initiating the league. The entire format of the IBL including the frachise-module was charted by Gandhe in early 2011.

It worked well for the Maharashtra Badminton Association and later it was adopted by the BAI in December 2011.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/22216790.cms

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extra teams more players sounds great, but I will believe it when i see it, not gonna get burned by all this stuff again for the next one

This is my favourite statement
    "We have all the top players in the world playing here and we shall have more coming in the next year."

I love this. Even if it was true, how can you have them all but yet more is coming
    all in the same sentence.
    Anyway congratulations to it's success!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfantb View Post
    I remember he lost to TTT/TBH and also Goh/Lim.

TTT/TBH won all the matches

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by terranova View Post
    Nah may never happen. LD is playing so few events and latest is Dutch Open and will likely retire soon. For someone who has won everything and cemented himself as greatest ever (though arguably some may say Zhao Jianhua is more talented), he has nothing else to prove and nothing else to play for. He will play cos he enjoys it but when he has family additions soon, he will likely scale down further and retire. LCW on other hand is still hungry to chase the elusive WC or Olympic gold.
    So really better savor any meeting between LD and LCW in any tournament cos LD will not be around for much longer
    Lin Dan will not retire soon. He even tries to play until next Olympics. The problem for him is that he has been kicked out of the national team by team manager LYB.

So Lin Dan will not be able to play international tournaments, but he will still play inside China. If there's a chance for him to play, like BWF granted him WC position, he would like to play too.

For Lin Dan, he would probably not play in IBL, the reason is not because of the money. But of course, he would definitely not go if his salary is not the highest.

Lin Dan, now he's income is in tens of millions of dollars, probably higher than any other badminton players currently or in history. His money is not from the prize of the tournaments or the league salary, hie income is from commercial ads. So for him, number 1 image is the most important. That's the reason he wanted to win in the WC.

Even LD's ranking is much lower than Taufik, but you cannot get LD to play just luring him with $15,000 with 20% tax cut and 10% devaluation. If there's anything which could damage his image, he will definitely not do that to protect his commercial image value.

The only possibility for him to play is something which could glorify him more.

Quote Originally Posted by paroxysmal View Post
    I think it's very possible. First, the timing is important, now LD is fighting for his consecutive 4th national championship. IBL has to find the timing which LD's free. Since LD will not play for the national team, he has plenty of time. He doesn't need LYB's permission to go to India

But make sure his image will not be damaged in the IBL. He is not another Taufik.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone can help me to know how much JOJ got paid for his playing at IBL? who paid the travelling expenses and hotel ?

How much Sapsiree Taerattanachai got paid? what about Hu Yun? They were terminated early.

How much Pia and JoJ got paid? they joined in the middle.

If paid not in full, but in proportional to number of games they played, then Sapsiree would not have enough money to cover her expenses.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    anyone can help me to know how much JOJ got paid for his playing at IBL? who paid the travelling expenses and hotel ?

How much Sapsiree Taerattanachai got paid? what about Hu Yun? They were terminated early.

How much Pia and JoJ got paid? they joined in the middle.

If paid not in full, but in proportional to number of games they played, then Sapsiree would not have enough money to cover her expenses.
    No idea about the payment given to these players but i am definitely sure that all the expenses relating to travel and stay etc are done by the franchisee.

They were terminated??? - what do you mean by this sentence. Can you please explain it..?? Their own commitments made them to withdraw from the league to fulfill those commitments. Not terminated by franchisee as you are mentioning about.

Hu Yun was injured. He was taken to hospital and taken MRI scan in his ankles(?) i guess which was swollen . He could not participate in the tournament further, that's why JOJ was taken from the reserve list as his ranking is lower than HuYun (the criteria needed for replacement in IBL).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have read somewhere that BAI is going to take action against Jwala gutta for her remarks in the twitter against Banga beats that krish Delhi smashers will walk-out if JOJ was brought in to play against them.

Now, her name was removed from Japan Open superseries 2013 and also show cause notice has been issued to Jwala and BAI wants reply from her and the action will be taken according to the reply.

I will publish the full link once it is published online. Because i read this in today's local newspaper.

Big mouths needed to be rewarded accordingly.
    Last edited by scorpion1; 09-01-2013 at 09:05 PM.

Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 LastLast