Feather value for money practice shuttles

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by blackeyed, Feb 20, 2013.

1. blackeyed

blackeyed Regular Member

Hi guys... my club (UK) is looking to upgrade from plastic to feather shuttles. Any value for money reliable shuttles that you can suggest please. We tried yonex and yehlex and found yehlex were not as reliable and consistent in quality as yonex however yonex is tad dearer.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

2. Line & Length

Line & Length Regular Member

My club did a comparison a couple of seasons ago.

Yonex AeroSensa 30s, Yehlex Championship (orange tube) and Victor Service are all good 'first rally' shuttles. In other words, they start out great, but are brittle. Feathers break easily and the performance falls away rapidly.

Yehlex Tournament (purple) are slightly softer, which doesn't feel as nice. However, we found they tended to break feathers slower, so outperformed the others by the tenth or so rally.

Personally, I wouldn't be unhappy with any of the 4. I suppose it depends upon how much you have to spend. If you're happy to replace the shuttle 1-2 times a game, then Yonex & Victor feel more solid. However, as we concluded, if you'd rather have a shuttle which does ok for a whole game, then the Yehlex Tournament would be worth a look, especially as most of the suppliers offer a significant discount for orders of 25 tubes.

Since then, we've tried several sub £10/tube brands & all of them have been a false economy.