Tips on choosing Spectacles and Contact lenses

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by gerald1994, Feb 20, 2013.

1. gerald1994

gerald1994 Regular Member

Student
    Hey all!

There have been quite a number of dad's students as well as some of my friends asking this so i thought i'd should addressed this (which i did on my site) .

And since it was pretty useful based on what my friends feedback, i've decided to share with you guys! At the same time i'm sure there's many points i could improve on too so do share your opinions!

Anyways lets start!

Problems with wearing spectacles
    • Keeps shifting out of place when you move around court
    • Frame blocking your view, or limited peripheral vision
    • Fogging of the lenses

And here are some tips i have to solve( or make it more comfortable) this issues!

• Check that your spectacles are adjusted correctly, fits nicely and not loosely at the ear and the nose
    • Get better lenses that don't fog so easily
    • Use spectacle hooks or spectacle straps so that your specs don't fall off.
    • Choose bigger glasses so you can see better!

I actually have a separate spectacles JUST for badminton with extra large rims with a very small nose pad, and it really helps because i don't have to strain my neck looking all the way up to take those high lob shots.

Now moving on... Contact lenses!

• Lenses feeling super dry
    • Lenses slipping out of place when playing
    • Difficulty wearing them
    • Often having irritation
    • too expensive

Again here are some of the solutions

• Wear your lenses as close to the start your badminton game if possible
    • Choose lenses with more moisture
    • Learn from your optician how to wear the lens properly before buying lens from other sources.
    • Check ur lenses for dirt, damages and whether you're wearing the lenses in the correct direction
    • As you get used to using lenses, buying longer term lenses, e.g yearly, it's cheaper that way

Yep really hope this information was useful and if you want to see more tips and pictorial illustrations of my points above, you can visit this badminton info site done by me! http://www.art-of-badminton.com/vision-aids-for-badminton.html (Sorry! Just had to say it)

2. gerald1994

gerald1994 Regular Member

Student
    Oh and by the way! How do i change the title? There's a typo.. it's supposed to be contact lenses...

3. Aleck

Aleck New Member