User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Unfortunately I don't earn Yen, so ordering anything from Shuttle House ain't gunna happen!

Especially at 22050 / USD222 / AUD215 (plus shipping and stringing).
    It should be $187AUD total (stringing & EMS shipping included); assuming they don't charge the 6% local tax which I've never really been quite sure about ... otherwise $194 (see "price system" for discount rates applied; 22% in this case )
    Last edited by demolidor; 04-19-2013 at 07:21 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still not cheap cheap but probably not far off Euro retail prices. Hong Kong release though shouldn't be too long away ... About to order some shoes at the house of shuttles, exchange rates are back to good times for japanese import (for both EUR and AUD) ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 04-19-2013 at 07:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought it from SH 2 weeks ago. I got it today and strung it with ultimax 66 25 lbs. Somehow the racket is just doesnt suit me at all. I am a big fan of light racket but when i use it, it's really hard play with.

Anyone bought adidas racquet from SH? It says made in china lol?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BangToyib View Post
    I bought it from SH 2 weeks ago. I got it today and strung it with ultimax 66 25 lbs. Somehow the racket is just doesnt suit me at all. I am a big fan of light racket but when i use it, it's really hard play with.

yeah they are made in China. nothing wrong with that.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BangToyib View Post

Let me know if you want to sell it. I'm in Melbourne.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope kwun can compare this racket with Yonex Arcsaber FB one day...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mzheng168 View Post
    i hope kwun can compare this racket with Yonex Arcsaber FB one day...
    Unless the FB breaks...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJE View Post
    Unless the FB breaks...
    it only needs a minor clash with AdiZero Pro

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Flashboost vs. Adizero Pro. i am afraid i don't have such thing planned. the problem is getting a FB that i can restring and test for a period of a few weeks. if someone in Yonex wants to get me one, i will be happy to do it.

as for durability, granted that there are quite a few FBs out there, way more than AZP, we have seen a lot of "WTF?" type of breakage for the ARC FB. a friend of mine broke one on a very light clash. will it happen to AZP? well we haven't seen a broken one yet, but only time will tell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course; it's pretty normal that lighter rackets will be easier to break. It's one of the risks of playing badminton.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kwun,

I have already ordered the Duoforce and am waiting for the mailman to deliver it to me. I'm still thinking of buying the Adizero Pro and see how it performs, but I'm not sure if I should since I have a Duoforce coming.

Is it possible for you to give us your impressions on how the Duoforce and Adizero Pro fare against one another especially in terms of strength and weakness? This will definitely help people decide which racket to go with and whether I should buy the Adizero Pro to try for myself. Unfortunately I'm not as well connected as you and I can't demo the rackets for free.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    Kwun,

I have already ordered the Duoforce and am waiting for the mailman to deliver it to me. I'm still thinking of buying the Adizero Pro and see how it performs, but I'm not sure if I should since I have a Duoforce coming.

Is it possible for you to give us your impressions on how the Duoforce and Adizero Pro fare against one another especially in terms of strength and weakness? This will definitely help people decide which racket to go with and whether I should buy the Adizero Pro to try for myself. Unfortunately I'm not as well connected as you and I can't demo the rackets for free.
    double post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Earlier in the evening, I made a trip to gala sports at queensway shopping centre to check out the specimen rackets of adipower and adizero pro. After a few swings, adizero pro had the best feel. I fact, I can hardly feel any weight disparity between the 2 rackets. Somehow, the adizero just felt right. And so, I placed a deposit for it, the yellow variant. Final price should be a shade under s$200. ETA for the adizero will be late may or early jun. I intend to tryout the Adidas strings and grip as well. And the BT feather, once it is in. In yellow, no less.

And now for the negatives. The build quality is....kinda disappointing. The design and colour scheme is what I liked; understated. But the yellow variant of the adizero pro had dry remnants of glue or silicon oozing out of the tapered cone. No such issues with the black variant though. Besides, the design scheme was inconsistent to say the least, with disparity in tonality and paintwork gradient. If i am a beginner to badminton and a first time buyer, I will probably give it a miss cuz it doesn't ooze quality nor provide a wow factor...I mean, using fb and arc11 as a comparison, both are rackets in the upper echelon of yonex racket lineup, and for the price tag they command, it gives a premium impression and feel.

all in all, I believe the actual batch of rackets for the market should be better. For Adidas's own sake, it better be, else it will not do their virgin foray in the badminton market any good. The hype Adidas had generated mandates success on and off the field. It will be a real slap in the face for them to place a premium pricing for mediocre quality.

well, the proof is in the pudding, they say. Once it is here I will definately give my amateurish review of FB vs Adizero Pro.

And thus the waiting begins...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My black variant Adizero Pro should be delivered today, latest tomorrow. Can't wait! Woohoo!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth vader View Post
    Earlier in the evening, I made a trip to gala sports at queensway shopping centre to check out the specimen rackets of adipower and adizero pro. After a few swings, adizero pro had the best feel. I fact, I can hardly feel any weight disparity between the 2 rackets. Somehow, the adizero just felt right. And so, I placed a deposit for it, the yellow variant. Final price should be a shade under s$200. ETA for the adizero will be late may or early jun. I intend to tryout the Adidas strings and grip as well. And the BT feather, once it is in. In yellow, no less.

And now for the negatives. The build quality is....kinda disappointing. The design and colour scheme is what I liked; understated. But the yellow variant of the adizero pro had dry remnants of glue or silicon oozing out of the tapered cone. No such issues with the black variant though. Besides, the design scheme was inconsistent to say the least, with disparity in tonality and paintwork gradient. If i am a beginner to badminton and a first time buyer, I will probably give it a miss cuz it doesn't ooze quality nor provide a wow factor...I mean, using fb and arc11 as a comparison, both are rackets in the upper echelon of yonex racket lineup, and for the price tag they command, it gives a premium impression and feel.

all in all, I believe the actual batch of rackets for the market should be better. For Adidas's own sake, it better be, else it will not do their virgin foray in the badminton market any good. The hype Adidas had generated mandates success on and off the field. It will be a real slap in the face for them to place a premium pricing for mediocre quality.

well, the proof is in the pudding, they say. Once it is here I will definately give my amateurish review of FB vs Adizero Pro.

And thus the waiting begins...
    good to know the price is below S$200 in singapore. thats the cheapest I ever heard for now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a good review of this Adidas brand. But can you compare this adizero to the kason F9?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An interesting statistic for you, regarding the Adidas hype.

This website has been in existence for over 10 years, and as a bit of research for my Masters, I had a look at the website to try and find out what brands of equipment (rackets) are talked about the most.

No surprise that Yonex takes up 48% of that discussion time/bandwidth, but literally in a matter of Months, Adidas commands 3%.

Now that doesn't sound like a lot, but If you consider that the rackets aren't really on the market in any considerable way, that's a fair achievement. And when you consider Li Ning rackets only have 6%, you can really get a picture of how significant it is.

Back to our regular scheduling......

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast