User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    The price for ZF is < RM600 before discount??
    Price of Yonex ZF after discount is about RM 550 - RM 570 with strings and grip.
    Price of Adidas is already RM 600 before discount.

Personally I think it is over priced. What experience do Adidas have in making badminton rackets?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    Price of Yonex ZF after discount is about RM 550 - RM 570 with strings and grip.
    Price of Adidas is already RM 600 before discount.

Personally I think it is over priced. What experience do Adidas have in making badminton rackets?
    are Euro prices and MAS prices the same? usually street prices are cheaper in SE Asia.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where did you see these prices esp the Euro price?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i don't know which Yonex is equivalent. recently i haven't even been using Yonex at all. however, i do feel that this racket feel very similar to a 4U Victor MX JJS that i have tried. both are light, fast, powerful and feel is lively.

as for string, the string i chose was ZM65, a relatively soft string and i had it at low 22lbs. i usually choose softer string and lower tension when match with light headed racket coz i find it harder to generate power with light weight and stiff strings. you maybe able to string it with BG80 but you just have to experiment.
    Kwun, how stiff is the shaft? is it the same as the MX JJS ? thanks

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mzheng168 View Post
    where did you see these prices esp the Euro price?
    He didn't but I mentioned a ballpark figure on page 1. Don't know what his issue is but in comparison it is cheaper than Yonex ... Of course Yonex on mainland Europe are vastly cheaper than those in the UK so don't know if you can just assume the UK Adidas prices will be the same ...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mzheng168 View Post
    Kwun, how stiff is the shaft? is it the same as the MX JJS ? thanks
    i don't have one to A/B compare. they do feel similar from memory. i am talking about the 4U JJS, i haven't tried the 3U.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the pleasure of testing Adizero on Monday and was very impressed. I agree with many of your comments Kwun except defensively the racket performed incredibly well for me. The combination of power and the sweetest touch was a real pleasure.

Interestingly, this racket was strung in Adidas hybrid string - very nice. Surprisingly this string works incredibly well although I would like to test at slightly higher tension as I feel it has more to offer.

I also tested Adipower Pro and therefore fully appreciate and understand earlier comments regards this racket too. Again, I really enjoyed the racket.

Hopefully I will be re-testing again soon and therefore will write my review after the second play-test which will possibly be closer to the launch of the range (whenever that date is).

Overall, a huge pat on the back to Adiadas for intorducing such high quality, superb playability, built like tanks rackets. I've become a fan and that takes a lot these days.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i don't know which Yonex is equivalent. recently i haven't even been using Yonex at all. however, i do feel that this racket feel very similar to a 4U Victor MX JJS that i have tried. both are light, fast, powerful and feel is lively.

as for string, the string i chose was ZM65, a relatively soft string and i had it at low 22lbs. i usually choose softer string and lower tension when match with light headed racket coz i find it harder to generate power with light weight and stiff strings. you maybe able to string it with BG80 but you just have to experiment.
    Kwun,
    Adizero is rated medium-stiff and slightly head-heavy. Mx jjs is stiff (some said it is only less stiff than mx80) and head heavier. I am confused ...when you found they feel very similar. Is that due to Adidas stiffness rating is different? Do you mind to elaborate? Thanks.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanus View Post
    Kwun,
    Adizero is rated medium-stiff and slightly head-heavy. Mx jjs is stiff (some said it is only less stiff than mx80) and head heavier. I am confused ...when you found they feel very similar. Is that due to Adidas stiffness rating is different? Do you mind to elaborate? Thanks.
    i think in general there is no one single rate scale that all manufacturer adhere to and agree on.

the JJS that i tried was a 4U and it didn't feel stiff to me at all. and most reviews here also didn't describe it as very stiff either.

the balance of the AZP is also head heavy (295mm) but due to the overall weight, the swing weight was on the lighter side. and while i don't have any measurement on the JJS, it also felt that way for me.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    Interestingly, this racket was strung in Adidas hybrid string - very nice. Surprisingly this string works incredibly well although I would like to test at slightly higher tension as I feel it has more to offer.
    Adidas seems to be pushing the Power Hybrid string and with a good reason. The hybrid string is one of the most powerful and repulsive string i have tried. Somehow the thickness combination worked well together. I had it on my Victor Superwave 35 and while it was already a powerful racket, the Power Hybrid string made it even more fun to just keep on attacking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Managed to get Adizero pro with Adidas Hydrid String at 200,000 won in seoul, cant wait for it to come back to singapore.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This racket is right up my alley - light so its fast, slightly head-heavy so it has punch.

Now I just have to fly to Korea it seems to get one!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    This racket is right up my alley - light so its fast, slightly head-heavy so it has punch.

Now I just have to fly to Korea it seems to get one!
    That, or ... you could just order it online from Shuttle House right now

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    I had the pleasure of testing Adizero on Monday and was very impressed. I agree with many of your comments Kwun except defensively the racket performed incredibly well for me. The combination of power and the sweetest touch was a real pleasure.

I also tested Adipower Pro and therefore fully appreciate and understand earlier comments regards this racket too. Again, I really enjoyed the racket.

Hopefully I will be re-testing again soon and therefore will write my review after the second play-test which will possibly be closer to the launch of the range (whenever that date is).

Overall, a huge pat on the back to Adiadas for intorducing such high quality, superb playability, built like tanks rackets. I've become a fan and that takes a lot these days.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk
    Of the four we tried, the AZP was closest to my preferred setup, and the one I kept coming back to.

I must say I thought Adidas' idea of "medium" is noticeably stiffer than Yonex's idea of "medium", which is most definitely a good thing in my eyes.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everybody's idea of 'stiff' is much stiffer than Yonex'.

Although I find the Z-Force unplayably stiff, but everything else quite accessible even for hack intermediates like me.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    That, or ... you could just order it online from Shuttle House right now
    Unfortunately I don't earn Yen, so ordering anything from Shuttle House ain't gunna happen!

Especially at 22050 / USD222 / AUD215 (plus shipping and stringing).
    Last edited by Maklike Tier; 04-19-2013 at 07:19 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Unfortunately I don't earn Yen, so ordering anything from Shuttle House ain't gunna happen!
    err, just use a credit card (if you did want to buy at their price)?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast