How to wrap using Karakal PU Supergrip?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by Ivaneister, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Ivaneister

Ivaneister New Member

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum, nice to meet you! I hope to learn a lot from everyone as I am 1 year into my badminton "career".

I recently bought a Yonex Arcsaber 8DX only to find out that the grip size, G4, was too big for me because I am used to using Li-ning G2 racquets. With that being said, I removed the original grip and I used a Karakal PU Supergrip (for the first time) as a replacement grip.

Is there a specific way to wrap using Karakal? I ask because after I finish wrapping, I can feel bumps along the handle. I think this is most likely due the overlapping of the grip, one on top of the other as I wrap my way up to the shaft. Am I supposed to wrap my way up, with the grips overlapping just slightly and not too much or are they not suppose to overlap at all?

The way it is now feels kind of like my old Li-ning racquet, but the feel is just not quite there yet. I feel that it could be a bit thinner/skinnier. What ideas do you guys have?

I have attached a photo to give you guys an idea of how it looks like currently.

Thank you very much in return!

20130221_203742[1].jpg

2. leeforspeed

leeforspeed Regular Member

I recently ordered a karakal racket, and the pu grip from the manufacturer setting do not over lap.

3. nic96

nic96 Regular Member

4. Ivaneister

Ivaneister New Member

Thanks for the replies! Although I hope I can still get a little more feedback from other members. : )

5. Borbor

Borbor Regular Member

That's how i wrap my karakal. Less overlap being the only difference.

6. john1994

john1994 Regular Member

do u take out the wood??