Give me something to do!!!

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Joanne, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    I'm totally bored out of my mind, and I can't seem to find any friends who are willing to play badminton.

Can anyone suggest ANYTHING for me to do besides playing badminton and going online? I'm tired of going online so much. It's the term holiday here which is why I'm bored... but it's better than school... I think. Can anyone reccomend a good game website or something like that that'll keep me entertained for hours?

Thanks! :)

2. fan

fan Regular Member

a lot. do it if you can.

Biking, hiking, video game, golf. Tennis, play piano, painting, swimming, movie, ice skate, basketball, get a pet, etc, too much fun. Never get bore.

:)

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Read a story book or,
    Write an article for badmintoncentral.com.

4. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    GO WRITE A NOVEL or A FEW POEMS!! :D
    I wonder if anyone here actually writes besides me? :confused:

5. Traum

Traum Regular Member

Get yourself a date! Surely you must have thought of that?

-Rick

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    joanne, i thot you were gonna take badminton lessons. If u can't get any girls to play badminton, i guess last resort is to train and play badminton with the boys. Since it is expensive for you to foot the cost for the feather shuttles, why not switch to nylon shuttles? i think traininbg and playing badminton nylon shuttles is suffice and it will last much longer.

7. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Many of these activities need some sort of transport or something like that. I just want something I can do on my own without bothering anyone else. So far I've just been playing piano, watching tv and reading.

My badminton lessons are only once a week, whether its boys or girls I don't care but even guys I know don't really like it.

Write an article for badmintoncentral.com? Lol I doubt I'll write anything useful for it. :D As for writing novels... lets just say I prefer reading them, not writing. Besides, my holidays just started and I don't plan to do anything that will crack my brain anymore (My exams were over just before the holidays you see)! And I'm terrible at poems...

Get a date?! Lol, no I've never thought about it. Maybe in 6 years time. ;)

Great ideas, I'll love to paint except for the fact that I CAN'T. Lol, I got a B for art in class, and that was also because my art theory paper managed to pull my marks up. I'll consider basketball though, if I can find a proper court somewhere around my house. I believe there's one quite nearby, about 20 mins walk.

Thanks everyone for your ideas! :)

8. Faisal

Faisal Regular Member

Student
    You can exercise your brain by playing chess or checkers at yahoo games!:D

9. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    You are not alone. :)

Getting a date eh? Once she dates, she won't be coming here much anymore, and we will ALL blame Traum for his suggestions which resulted in us losing our Joanne! (Not to mention the guy whom I don't remember his nick who plans to marry her when they grow up...) Haha... :)

1. Badminton lessons is a very good suggestion since that you have all the time in the world.

2. www.emode.com => will keep u occupied for at least 4 hours

3. Read. This will really help in passing time, a LOT. Two famous books for suggestion :

a) Lord of the Rings - sure, you watched the show but you didn't get to dwell into the rich culture and history that the movie can't show.

b) Dune - one of the very best sci-fi books ever written. Said to be bested in terms of history and culture by only LOTR. Totally unique, lots of current sci-fi movies and stories stole their ideas from this book.

10. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    10,000 press up's, that should keep you busy for a while :D :D :D

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think hitting a shuttle against the wall 10,000 times would be more appropriate. :)

12. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

You can become Peter Gade: draw a line at the net height and practise serving in your room ad nauseum. You too can become world Junior Doubles Champion and move to be World No 1.

13. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Lol enough of playing checkers and chess on Yahoo!

Not much of a loss if I don't come online anymore... ;) The academy I'm in only offers lessons on weekends, leaving me with 5 days a week to kill. I'm sick of emode, it's just TOO correct. :D I kind of started on LOTR but it's just not the kind I want to read, too... unreal. The show is great but I only watched it since my brother seemed to love it. I've heard of Dune, but can't seem to find it anyway. What is it about?

If you mean push ups I can't imagine how exhausted I'll be by the time I reach half of that amount. Why don't you try it first and tell me how it goes? If you don't injure your shoulders, that it. :rolleyes:

Neither will I try hitting the shuttle that many times against the wall. I've done 500 (not non-stop of course!) and it's nothing compared to a badminton match. ;)

I don't want to be Peter Gade, I'm a female! Lol, yeah I know what you meant. My room has 2 single beds, 3 cupboards, 2 bookshelves, 1 desk, and an unused organ (see how people take advantage of my room's unused space). Do you think I've got room to practice serving? :p

14. chub2003

chub2003 Regular Member

start watching anime :D

15. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

You're asking me, someone who calls people who watch anime idiots to watch anime? Think again. ;)

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Wonder what your parents would say about that:)Good point about Peter Gade. But the practicing the serve is a good idea. Experiment with forehand, backhand and holding the shuttle at different positions. Then observe how change affects the flight of the shuttle. If you can do this, you are a true badminton fanatic:cool:

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Could learn how to cook....nasi lemak, delicious!

18. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

how about outside? Find somewhere to tie a piece of string. put some markers on the floor for where the lines would be.
    Then you can practise flick and high serves.
    Or put a bucket or something on the floor and see how many shuttles you can serve into the bucket.

I used to do that sort of thing to practise my tennis serve when I had some time to kill. I knew where there would be some empty (and free) courts, so I would go down and serve a lot. I would stand up the tennis ball tubes in different places in the court and try to knock them over.

19. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

Yoga ?
    From Star Wars the little Jedi mean I not. :D

Origame?

20. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Well, my backhand serve is horrible, my school badminton club adviser once taught me how to do it and he actually PRAISED me after I managed to do a few perfect ones. Then I went home and seeing I hardly ever play doubles, my backhand serve was terrible again. Oh well, I've been trying to do a forehand serve that'll just pass over the net, been getting better at it. But I still prefer my high and deep serve, except that it's been going out a lot lately, even from mid court. :( I've learnt my lesson about playing badminton or praciticing outdoors, shuttles caught in the trees and many on top of my roof. Once tried to hit them down with a bamboo stick but all I managed to do was push them into the rain gutter. :rolleyes:

Lol, I've mastered the skill of cooking maggi mee, eggs, pancakes, anything that'll be cooked fast and easy seeing I'm always home alone and yet lazy to cook. Lazy to go out and buy food too... how can you expect me to actually be patient enough to cook nasi lemak?! I'll rather buy it... rather then eating my own cooking and getting sick. :D

As for aiming the shuttle into a bucket, the ones my coach asks me to do is more challenging, serve from mid court to a box at the right end of the other court. :D And my house roof is too low, if I serve it'll just hit the ceiling.

Yoga? No thanks, I don't believe in it. ;) Origame? No patience. If I can't make whatever I'm supposed to make I'll throw it away.

Hehe great suggestions it's entertaining enough just reading it. :) My friend wants me to take up tennis with her, but I told her it'll affect her badminton performance. True right?

I want to try and do something crazy that won't injure myself nor destroy anything... any suggestions?