User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Can the grommet cut the string?

I just got my racket restrung a few weeks ago with BG80 power strings, and since then, I haven't used the racket at all until today. I'm not sure if having previously pulled the string back out through the grommet rather than cutting it with scissors have been the reason the strings snapped so soon.
    On a side note, the strings snapped in a similar/same spot it had the previous time it snapped a month ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

if you have a repeated premature string breakage at the same grommet location, then i'd suggest remove and replace the grommet there. it is possible that the grommet has worn through and exposing the frame underneath which is harder and sharper than the grommet itself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    if you have a repeated premature string breakage at the same grommet location, then i'd suggest remove and replace the grommet there. it is possible that the grommet has worn through and exposing the frame underneath which is harder and sharper than the grommet itself.
    Agreed. My string snapping problem disappeared when I changed all the grommets. It cost me about RM 8 bucks (~USD 2.6)