Carlton Air Rage Weightings

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by dadoc2001, Feb 22, 2013.

1. dadoc2001

dadoc2001 Regular Member

Just taken delivery of a brand new Carlton Air Rage racket purchased from the Bay of E!:) This is now my second Carlton in the bag having recently picked up a Vapour Trail Ignite which I quite like but while looking for VT Tour the Rage came up and I couldnt refuse:p

Bought in the knowledge that it was 87g, Med flex and head light balance and on the Card attached to the strings this is confirmed. However.... On the shaft it tells a different story! It says it is Even balance:confused:. I have noticed this with rackets and online retailers - its very rare that manufacturers, distributors and retailers information is the same! Does anyone else own an Air Rage and what does yours say?

Cant wait to give it a hit. Desperately trying to find a racket that will replace my beloved Wilson K Braves:crying:

2. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

It depends on how your supplier rates rackets. Carlton's 'even balance' is probably equivalent to Yonex' 'head light'. If your supplier aligns its rating with Yonex, then this may be the explanation for the disparity.

3. dadoc2001

dadoc2001 Regular Member

But in this circumstance the manufacturer is contradictory the string card says head light yet the detail on the shaft states balanced?

4. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Hi, empty your inbox, it's currently full so I can't message you.

5. dadoc2001

dadoc2001 Regular Member

done as requested.