User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    I'm sorry, but the damping on the Adidas rackets is nothing like the Victors. It's somewhere between Yonex and Victor which in my mind is a good balance.

Having said that though, I was using the hybrid strings at pretty low tension so that could've contributed to the feel, but regardless, I can't see the Adipower Pro being anywhere near say an MX80 in terms of that clanging metallic feel the 80 (and 70) has.
    Well, the fact that I have forgotten how exactly the MX80 vibrates against the shuttle since I used MX80 for just a while before I found it too stiff for me. I compared between Adipower Pro and MX-London though, both with the same string BG80 @ 24lbs done by the same stringer on the same day. They were pretty much the same in the shock damping department, I would say both are very "lively" contrasting to either Yonex or Li Ning. However, the shock/vibration sensations are quite different which probably caused by the tapered shaft design on Adipower Pro.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking about the tapered shaft design, I think it does really work to help to generate more power from the Adipower Pro. An effortless overhead clear could easily send the shuttle from baseline to the opposite baseline. Be mindful though, a flick serve and defensive lift can easily go out.

I do really like and admire the simplistic design of Adipower Pro and took another few pictures of mine... It is such a pity that I have been struggling with my elbow condition for quite a while. Otherwise, I could enjoy playing with this racket more often.

Name:  IMG_20130713_092307.jpg
Views: 1780
Size:  38.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_20130713_092005.jpg
Views: 1775
Size:  51.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_20130713_092123.jpg
Views: 1778
Size:  50.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_20130713_092233.jpg
Views: 1727
Size:  30.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_20130713_092201.jpg
Views: 1736
Size:  30.2 KB

Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Adipower Pro review

Finally got a chance to play the whole evening with this racket that I got this week. The first time earlier this week didn't work out as I couldn't feel the crispness and repulsion/power of the stringbed. Thinking back, it was probably because the racket had just been strung 2 hrs prior and maybe the strings hadn't settled yet.

But now I can really hear and feel the sharp "paarp" and crispness with each shot and wow is this a lively and repulsive racket! And by lively, I mean it has a nice communicative feel to the hand on strike, allowing you to control the direction of your shot and also modulate the amount of power to your shot.

And by repulsive, I mean it has a highly efficient power output to input ratio. Don't know whether it's due to the reverse tapered shaft or the power box frame but I've never had a shuttle explode off the stringbed with such ease even with other rackets strung similarly with ZM62 at 23x24 lbs.

Accuracy is understandably slightly less than a stiffer racket (eg. XP70, MX70) so extra care must be taken when driving and smashing very close to the tape or the lines.

Defense is surprisingly easy with some finger power and a flick of the wrist. Despite a non aero frame, during fast play there's no noticeable lag.

Fast drops and fake smash slice drops are also easy as the head has enough mass to act on the shuttle.

All in all a surprisingly excellent racket for a newcomer to the market. I'm still shaking my head in disbelief at the amount of repulsion from the stringbed. Very addictive.

Dry specs:
    86.2g, bp293mm, headweight 37.5g
    Last edited by visor; 10-12-2013 at 06:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This racquet is a little scary to me right now.... Might be giving up my thrusters over it

Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decoy View Post
    This racquet is a little scary to me right now.... Might be giving up my thrusters over it
    Why's it scary? Are you trying it out now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just had it arrive today and had a 2 hour doubles session with it. It's scary because I wasn't expecting to find something I liked more than my tk8000's for a while. Oh well put a week in and I'll decide what I'm using for the rest of this years competitions.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wish I could get my hands on it Y.Y

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where on planet earth can you not get one? Lots of international/national stores have them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am on Planet Earth ; )

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyC View Post
    I am on Planet Earth ; )
    we all do :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After having used this racquet a few weeks I have to say that it is really nice. It's kind of weird though because the string area is even bigger than on my thruster 8k which is already a box frame. Despite that the adipower pro is actually quite fast. The weirdest thing to me though is the handle size, mine is g5 but is slightly bigger than a victor g5 especially at the butt cup where the lump is quite large. The biggest thing about this racquet is that the power is great ad it has been said many times. I find it has the power that head heavier ones have but it has a nicer feeling balance to my hand.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting, coz mine is G4 and i find it just a tad smaller than younex G4. or at least the combination of yonex handle + original grip + overgrip compared to the same on the APP.
    the weird thing is that the balance of the racket is around 292 but it really feels beefy, i guess the overall weight is close to 90g, when most of the other 3U rackets i have are closer to 85-87.

Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    I was asking which Yonex racquet is the equivalent to the Adipower Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    I think that's what Kwun said. Is it as stiff as the Arc 10 though? I have played with both the Arc 10 and 11 and I found them to be too stiff for my liking. I would prefer my next racquet to have a similar stiffness level as my Duoforce.
    @Sgt_Strider
    thought i'd move to the appropriate thread...

i'd say the stiffness and bp is between arc 10 and 7

it is noticeably stiffer than duoforce

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    @Sgt_Strider
    thought i'd move to the appropriate thread...

i'd say the stiffness and bp is between arc 10 and 7

it is noticeably stiffer than duoforce
    Thanks for the information. Like I told Jackie in the other thread, I'm probably going to avoid getting this racquet now. It's probably going to be too stiff for me. Although Jackie said it's about as stiff as an Arc11...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is this racket compare to ARC11, such as shaft stiffness, speed, power?
    It seem that it have similar balance point and weight.

Thanks all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the closest adidas to the Yonex Nanoray 800 or Victor BS12?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duoforce is similar to bs12

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4