VIDEO: my latest and best flow - stringing ARC7+BG80@23/25.3lbs

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kwun, Feb 23, 2013.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    I just made this video of my latest stringing flow.

The flow is the latest evolution accumulating all my previous experience on how to do both a fast as well as a good stringing job that feels good when hitting the shuttle in the court. The result is a hybrid style, with mostly flying clamp and some parts of it with fixed clamp. The biggest improvement come with adding 10% tension on the middle 13 cross strings.

With this flow and my dumb finger i can pretty comfortably do a 20mins stringjob, and if i don't stumble and rushed a little bit, i have reached 19 minutes. But speed is not the best measurement, the best part about this string job is that it is fast and it plays well.

having pointed out in a previous thread, the flow isn't applicable on all machines. the tension variation works for my current machine but not for my previous one.

in this particular video, i stumbled on a few really trivial places and wasted at least a minute. the result is still a sub-20 mins job, if i had better luck it could've been around the 19mins mark.

[video=youtube;fKdRAKiQwWY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKdRAKiQwWY[/video]

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    another video, this time with BS12 + BG85.

[video=youtube;1AyPDDpaF9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AyPDDpaF9w[/video]

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Have you got prestretch on in these videos? The WISE seems to be pulling for a long time...:)

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yeah. pre-stretch is on.

i do wish the WISE pulls faster.

5. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Slow is good for proper stretching of the string :).

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    having said that, i have streamlined the flow such that i am always doing some other part of the job when the WISE is taking its time. so i am not really losing much time waiting for it.

not perfect yet, it is pretty optimized for mains. but cross is not optimized, there are still some dead time while i am waiting for it to either tension, or releasing tension.

7. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I don't see what else you can really do with the crosses - you're already using a flying clamp and pulling the slack through while the machine is tensioning...

8. badaboom

badaboom Regular Member

teacher and stringer wannabee
    Hi
    I am still learning and I ve learn so much already from BC , so thanks to all. Getting the wise next week and Michal suports to try and become more competent and faster!
    A few ( naive? ) questions: - Do you prestretch at 10-15-20 % on the wise?
    - For BG 65 and BG 66 UM , what would be your PS setting?
    - You mention " + 10% on the 13 middle crosses"; do you mean 10% on top of the M or X tension? (think you mean Xs but this could take the tension pretty igh in some case.)
    Thanks a lot and congratulations on these times without sacrificing quality !
    B

-

9. wguan126

wguan126 Regular Member

10% on top of the main; leaving the top and bottom cross at the same tension as the main. I don't have a Wise, so no idea about the setting for prestretch. Kwun: do you prefer the orange mbs clamp for the cross to the yonex clamp? Do they have the same design with no diamond coating?

10. badaboom

badaboom Regular Member

teacher and stringer wannabee

Thanks. I get it now! Will try next week. Do u use presteching at all. ?Can do it manually. Got the Yonex and they seem ok. What is the max tension they can hold w/o slipping? Any idea. Thanks.
    B