problems with across the head shot and back hand

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by justich, Feb 24, 2013.

1. justich

justich Regular Member

Ok. My rival like to hit the shuttlecock where I would have to do a across the head shot or backhand shot. As I am bad with the backhand, I am having a difficult time recovering form across the head shot. I get tired really easy and I don't want to take to much energy to hit that shot. Other than that shot, I really want to master the backhand clear. I am having trouble where I would only be able to hit it to the middle court. Can anyone give me tips or make a tutorial for me please? I am very pleased with this website and how people are really kind and helpful. Thank you everybody and have a nice day!:D:D:D

2. visor

visor Regular Member

3. justich

justich Regular Member

I have already watched that and did not help that much. I'm sorry if you are bothered, but I am not trying to cause any trouble.

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Did reading thru the thread help? Especially re loose arm, wt transfer and proximal to distal power transfer.

5. -Berg

-Berg Regular Member

simple

train your backhand first
    find friend that is willing to constantly feed your backhand side. 5 minutes. break 1 minute. do it again until 3 cycle (for example). you set your duration and cycle for yourself, push it to the limit

you'll train your footwork, lunge technique, gripping tech.and power, and supination properly

6. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    if you get really tired really easily, then you should train your body, get used to badminton. like mentioned above, train your footwork so you're fast enough to get there with time to decide whether you want to hit the shot with a backhand or forehand. that way, you have enough time to prepare for that particular shot.

i agree from the previous posts that you should also train your backhand so it "doesn't take too much energy". if you get the good mechanics down, then you won't waste too much energy.

search the world wide web, if you first can't find anything, search again.