User Tag List

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 558
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jkt-Indo
    Posts
    8,316
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default 2013 GERMAN Open GP Gold - Qualification to FINAL (26th February-3rd March)



    Here we go, German Open as All England warming-up tournament will kick off today. Qualifying round and MS R/64 will be started on 09.00am and 05.00pm local time respectively.

    Schedule & Result : http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...706&d=20130226

    Tournament website : http://www.german-open-badminton.de/index.php?id=9&L=1

    GER time : http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_DE.aspx

    DRAW : http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file_dow...d=428450&tid=1

    Tournament preview : http://badmintoneurope.com/cms/defau...=5381&m=613054

    2012 WINNERS -- http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...147&d=20120304

    Men's Singles : Lin Dan (CHN)
    Women's Singles : Li Xuerui (CHN)
    Men's Doubles : Hong Wei/Shen Ye (CHN)
    Women's Doubles : Tang Jinhua/Xia Huan (CHN)
    Mixed Doubles : Thomas Laybourn/Kamilla Rytter Juhl (DEN)

  2. #2
    Regular Member Jimmy_Goh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't quite understand how the notion points are calculated. Are they calculated differently for different event (and also depends on organiser too)?

    In the Korea & MAS Open, when China mixed and match different players (eg. Bao YX/Tian Q[5], Zhang Nan/Tang JH[5], Shu Chen/Zhao YL[6], etc), some get seeded.

    Whereas in this German GPG, Qiu ZH/Zhao YL and Zhang Nan/Tang JH and Shu Cheng/Zhao YL have to play in the qualification round. All these China players are quite high ranking with another partner in their doubles ranking. Shu Cheng/Zhao YL are seeded 6 in Korea PSS, and here in German GPG, they have to play in qualifier ???

    Anyone have the answer?
    Last edited by Jimmy_Goh; 02-25-2013 at 09:33 PM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Ashaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    82
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Its all up-to the organizer to decide what seeding a team can be given.
    A new-team can be given seeding too, if the organizer feels that they are one of the best-in the tournament.
    But the general rule is to go with the ranking-points, when it is available. But not always necessarily.

    Not completely answering your question, but just my understanding.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    1,235
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_Goh View Post
    I don't quite understand how the notion points are calculated. Are they calculated differently for different event (and also depends on organiser too)?

    In the Korea & MAS Open, when China mixed and match different players (eg. Bao YX/Tian Q[5], Zhang Nan/Tang JH[5], Shu Chen/Zhao YL[6], etc), some get seeded.

    Whereas in this German GPG, Qiu ZH/Zhao YL and Zhang Nan/Tang JH and Shu Cheng/Zhao YL have to play in the qualification round. All these China players are quite high ranking with another partner in their doubles ranking. Shu Cheng/Zhao YL are seeded 6 in Korea PSS, and here in German GPG, they have to play in qualifier ???

    Anyone have the answer?
    Already reply your question in another thread.

    Btw, IMHO the entry of this GPG is not bad.

    May be better if we separate the threads
    (my proposal)
    - from qualification to R2
    - QF to Final

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    jakarta
    Posts
    447
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_Goh View Post
    I don't quite understand how the notion points are calculated. Are they calculated differently for different event (and also depends on organiser too)?

    In the Korea & MAS Open, when China mixed and match different players (eg. Bao YX/Tian Q[5], Zhang Nan/Tang JH[5], Shu Chen/Zhao YL[6], etc), some get seeded.

    Whereas in this German GPG, Qiu ZH/Zhao YL and Zhang Nan/Tang JH and Shu Cheng/Zhao YL have to play in the qualification round. All these China players are quite high ranking with another partner in their doubles ranking. Shu Cheng/Zhao YL are seeded 6 in Korea PSS, and here in German GPG, they have to play in qualifier ???

    Anyone have the answer?
    jadi ketika pemain yang baru dipasangkan, mereka belum mempunyai peringkat BWF, jadinya penentuan poin mereka berdasarkan world ranking point dari masing2 pemain itu dirata2

    nah ketika turnamen setelahnya berlangsung dan mereka ikut, otomatis mereka sudah mempunyai peringkat BWF (yang tentunya peringkatnya jauhhh ada di bawah karena baru pertama kali ikut turnamen) sehingga seeding mereka pakai world ranking BWF terbaru (bukan dari hasil poin merger)

    #could anyone translate this, hahaha

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jkt-Indo
    Posts
    8,316
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.bulutangkis View Post

    Btw, IMHO the entry of this GPG is not bad.

    May be better if we separate the threads
    (my proposal)
    - from qualification to R2
    - QF to Final
    Maybe we could ask mod to change this thread's title

  7. #7
    Regular Member suetyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    7,885
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Li Gen lost in the qualification round again

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Who is Li Gen's partner, Liu Cheng? Is he any good?

    This is kind of a sad sight for CBA, the best young and upcoming player they have is Li Gen?? Really?

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,632
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yan_brot View Post
    jadi ketika pemain yang baru dipasangkan, mereka belum mempunyai peringkat BWF, jadinya penentuan poin mereka berdasarkan world ranking point dari masing2 pemain itu dirata2

    nah ketika turnamen setelahnya berlangsung dan mereka ikut, otomatis mereka sudah mempunyai peringkat BWF (yang tentunya peringkatnya jauhhh ada di bawah karena baru pertama kali ikut turnamen) sehingga seeding mereka pakai world ranking BWF terbaru (bukan dari hasil poin merger)

    #could anyone translate this, hahaha
    yep.

    " Indonesians are playing very bad nowadays. It seems like nobody will get a title in coming tournaments. These are all due to the effects of many tournaments run by BWF. Hence, i want a complete change in the head governance of BWF. Please somebody help me to reach BWF so that i will struggle for indonesia till my last breath."

    This is what you wrote. Am i right??

    Just kidding.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jkt-Indo
    Posts
    8,316
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    Li Gen lost in the qualification round again
    Yeah, hopeless player who get losing regularly

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    11,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhuangcorp View Post
    Who is Li Gen's partner, Liu Cheng? Is he any good?

    This is kind of a sad sight for CBA, the best young and upcoming player they have is Li Gen?? Really?
    You should be asking if Li Gen is good not if Liu Cheng is good

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yan_brot View Post
    jadi ketika pemain yang baru dipasangkan, mereka belum mempunyai peringkat BWF, jadinya penentuan poin mereka berdasarkan world ranking point dari masing2 pemain itu dirata2

    nah ketika turnamen setelahnya berlangsung dan mereka ikut, otomatis mereka sudah mempunyai peringkat BWF (yang tentunya peringkatnya jauhhh ada di bawah karena baru pertama kali ikut turnamen) sehingga seeding mereka pakai world ranking BWF terbaru (bukan dari hasil poin merger)

    #could anyone translate this, hahaha
    Here you go

    For new pairs without any BWF ranking points, the notional ranking point is derived from the average of both players world ranking point.

    Once the players start playing in the BFW tournament, their world ranking point will then be derived from the results from that tournament onwards and not the notional point anymore. This naturally means their points will be way lower than the notional because they just started playing their first tournament.
    Last edited by rogerv2; 02-26-2013 at 08:26 AM.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    You should be asking if Li Gen is good not if Liu Cheng is good
    I have seen video of Li Gen. I know that he is not good, that's why I don't ask about him. His technique is bad, he is out of shape, he is slow, he is lazy, he has poor shot selection.

    But I don't know much about Liu Cheng. Is he the front or back-court player? How old is he?

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    624
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hopefully the livestream this year doen't crash as much as it did last year :P

    http://badmintoneurope.com/CMS/?cmsid=239&pageid=5363

    Quality wise it is a big improvement compared to the European Mixed Team Championships

  15. #15
    Regular Member Thom_bad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    France (Paris)
    Posts
    2,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tue 2/26/2013 1:00 PMMD - Qualification
    Peng Soon CHAN
    Jian Guo ONG -
    Ronan LABAR [3]
    Mathias QUERE
    18-21 18-21

    How come did this happen ??
    Last edited by Thom_bad; 02-26-2013 at 09:42 AM.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    11,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhuangcorp View Post
    I have seen video of Li Gen. I know that he is not good, that's why I don't ask about him. His technique is bad, he is out of shape, he is slow, he is lazy, he has poor shot selection.

    But I don't know much about Liu Cheng. Is he the front or back-court player? How old is he?
    That's why normally we say 'Pity Li Gen's partner'. I dont know about Liu Cheng but with China's high standards cant be as bad as Li Gen

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,304
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Chen Long is losing 21-23 10-10

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •