Yonex Voltric Z Force

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by mms6a, Feb 26, 2013.

Tags:
  1. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    I have an opportunity to buy a friend's few weeks old Yonex Voltric Z Force for very cheap as he recently quit badminton and moved onto baseball, but he lives quite far from me, so I do not want to drive for few hours just to try out the racket.

I love playing with my trusty old MP-21, my Arc-5DX and my Ti-Zero

I think the most head heavy racket I used is the Arc-5DX, although on Yonex specs it says even balanced, but truth be told, it is head heavy.

I was wondering if I can use the Voltric Z Force, or is it too heavy and slow for me?

I like smashing hard, and playing singles, but I also like to play doubles (mainly a power smash players who sometimes do technical slices/drops/corner netplays, fast drives etc.)

Also is it true that the paint chips easily on the newer Z Force?

I have owned my MP-21 for around 5-6 years now, and the paint chipping is minimal after numerous drops on hard floors while defending low and fast smashes, and clashes with new partners I get on occasions, and picking up birds...

Please let me know.

2. Neffri

Neffri Regular Member

You should really try it out before you buy it. I made the mistake of buying the Z-Force without trying and it really didnt suite me well. Before i was playing with the VT80 and then bought a Z-Force, i like smashing allot to but when playing with the Z-Force my shoulder started hurting like crazy. So after a while i got rid of the Z-Force and got myself another VT80 instead.
    This is just me tho and the Z-Force might suite you perfectly. Im not that good of a player so maybe the shoulder started hurting due to wrong teqnique. :)