BG80......back to 65ti

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Ashdelsol7, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Ashdelsol7

Ashdelsol7 Regular Member

Cad
    a couple of years ago i was regularly playing with bg80 at 24lbs but got bored of snapping the strings every couple of months, for the past two seasons i have been playing with bg65ti at 28-30lbs. The playability was a lot better for myself. I ordered two new nanorays a couple of months back....one came unstrung so i strung that myself with my usual bg65ti....the second one i ordered from direct badminton with bg68ti at the same tension, after playing with both rackets i found the 68ti to have better net play and a bit "nicer" feel (only way i can describe it). This got me thinking about the bg80 and i thought i would give it a try again. So i ordered myself 1 pack of bg80....strung it at the same tension as i have been playing with 28lbs. Played 2 nights (about 5-6hrs of play) and snapped the strings....so it looks like im going back to something a little more durable. I like the tension at about 28lbs.....i have tried everything up to 31lbs and settled at this tension. Is there a string that has the durability of the 65ti but with the thinness and rough texture of the bg80?? is the 68ti the closest i will get to this? Any ideas comments are always welcome

2. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

The 68ti is considered soft feeling according to Yonex. Having played with it (at 22lbs though) I can say that it is somewhat true but not by that much compared to what I am using now (nbg 95 on one racket and BG70pro on the other).

My suggestion would be BG70pro as it has the same kind of oval braid than the BG80 (if you look on Yonex website you can see on the filaments on the cover - http://www.yonex.com/sports/badminton/products/badminton/string/strings/ ) and is pretty durable. But it will be as big as your 65ti.

Hope this helps

n.b.: Black strings are always better :p

3. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
    I think you shoud try Zymax 65, it is an awsome string, it is really repulsive and last way longer than BG-80

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i second the bg70pro, i bought 4 packs of it in burgundy color and have switched temporarily from victor vs850 to see if i still get the same control but with a bit more power. it seems like my slice is not as severe but there is a noticeable gain in power. i'm using it at 24x25. when these 4 packs run out, i will try my 4 packs of bg65 to see if i should go back to a cheaper string but at higher tension so i get the same control, but more durable. nonetheless, the bg70pro have been wonderful with minimal string tension loss without prestretching.

5. Ashdelsol7

Ashdelsol7 Regular Member

Cad
    is bg 70 pro available in the uk? havent heard/seen that string before? I know the specs on the bg68ti say its soft but it didnt feel that different to the 65ti....higher pitched sound and held the tension a bit better then the 65. Might have to have a look at the zymax.....just not really a fan of ashaway.....never had any good experiences with ashaway string in the past

6. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

I do not know if it is available in the UK but here in Canada it is plenty available and usually costs just a little more than BG65 (not the TI)