Canadian International on TV

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by eggroll, Nov 4, 2003.

1. eggroll

eggroll Regular Member

sales
    On CBC November 8 at 3:00 est. Check your local listing to make sure of time.

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Oh great! Just when I am about to leave for a three day vacation in Burnaby... CBC decides to show baddy games:( Hope my VCR's in fine shape to tape it while I am away.

3. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Re: Re: Canadian International on TV

you mean burnaby can't pick up cbc broadcasts? there's still plenty of tv's around in the lower mainland...:D

hey, you being in burnaby, why not get a game or two with the local BF'ers? we're always quite accomodating for out of towners!

4. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Heh! Thanks for the invite, Badrad!:) Unfortunately, there won't be not much time for play these three days... it's a working vacation of sort:D Preliminary preparation, if you will, before the final move west.

As I will be doing most of the driving at the start of an all-day trip over the Rockies, most likely I will be too beat at the end of the day to catch the action:( Now, all I need to do now is to find that damn manual for the VCR...:p

5. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

NOO...i have a baddy tournament to participate in from nov 7th to 8th...guess i'll be using the VCR too:p

#5 yonexfanatic, Nov 5, 2003
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2003
  6. BobbyGeneric

BobbyGeneric Regular Member

IT professional
    Great! thanks so much for posting this! i'll have my VCR fired up AND watch the action!

Note: I wonder if it'll be playing in any sports bars?? :D

7. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    hey, don't be too upset. Usually CBC re-broadcasts the same sports programs either later (11:30pm or so) in the same night or on the following Sunday night. Just remember to check out the late night listings.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i wonder how cbc know about the audience rating, especially wireless via satellite and antenna broadcasting. I presume there might be a way to know which channel people are watching via cable system.

9. yonexfanatic

i looked at the cbc schedule for saturday/sunday, no rerun..i guess badminton isn't a big enough sport to rerun, also hockey night in canada is on in the evening. oh well, it's okay, i got the vcr set!:D

10. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

a small percentage of subscribers gets paid to have a box installed into their tv that monitors what channels they watch. A modem uploads the information every now and then. The selection is random so not everyone who wants the chance will get it.

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

just finish watching the canadian open. The caliber is not bad considering most the players are still juniors (korea side). I only able to pick out timeless & gf from the audience. The korea crowd seem quite happy and loud.

12. TTT

TTT Regular Member

There is wood_22_chuck also!

I taped it, so if you guys missed it, you can borrow my tape

13. Grufey

Grufey Regular Member

Student
    Whoohoo! I'm in it too! ^^

14. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    Anyone record it on their computer? ^^ if so I'm wonderin if whoever did can send me ^^"

15. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Yeah, I'm always blurred out :)

Was the Korean Men's Single player really 18 yrs old as the commentator stated? He looked more like 26-ish! Apparently he is ranked 8th in Korea in Juniors standing.

-dave

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i had only got a glimpse of the MS, i got the program after i was flipping tv channels which i forgot the date and time. Yes, the korean MS guy look older than 18 imo too.

17. yonexfanatic

well, just finished watching my tape of the CND invite. i too believe the korean mens single player looks older than 18...interesting because most ppl say asians looking younger than their age. anyways, i enjoyed watching the mens doubles the most.. amazing how the less-experienced korean teens beat keith chan and will (ALAN:D (anyone else notice that?)) milroy. Just shows how good both teams are..i remember my partner and i played keith chan and someone else at a "fun tourny"...oh man, i got KILLED:p

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

MD comment.

the games were all very close. Milroy and chan are definitely 'more' experienced and older than the korean junior pair. From an interview before the game, milroy gave some interpretation of korean strategy vs their. Near the end of the interview, milroy said 'if we have to, we can smash all day long'. I think milroy/chan took the wrong route (hindsight is 20/20 :p ) The korean pair it seem are very strong in MD basic; smashing and even better return smash. I saw one rally where milroy was about 3 ft from the net and kill smashing the shuttle, i think 3 times in the middle, and the korean teens return them all. Milroy should have fake smash(drop) on the 2nd or 3rd return because the korean pairs are way back on the court setting up for returning smash. Milroy and chan are very intelligent players, both are very good in MS. Deception comes easy to them but that day they chose more of a power approach. Not to discredit milroy and chan, the korean pair was pretty strong, refused to be intimidated.

#18 cooler, Nov 9, 2003
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2003
  19. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    Hahahaha, dang if I knew I was going to be on camera I would have brought a big BF.com banner and waved some shout outs to all my BF brothers and sisters :D.

20. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    26ish?! Hmmm... he looked like a kid (teen) to me. Man I must look 40 to you then :( hahaha... Although he definitely looks older on camera... but you were there live :p heehhehe I think it's his long facial features and all-business demeanor that makes him look more mature.

#20 timeless, Nov 14, 2003
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2003