User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default racquet stringing tensions

I am finding it difficult to discover the tension ranges for a lot of racquets, Fleet and Browning to mention 2. I have used http://www.klipperusa.com/stringing/manufacturers.php in the past, but this seemed to include less of the racquets that are coming in for restringing. Has anyone found a more accurate site please?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know of any sites that have a complete listing of racket and tensions. What I do is when in doubt, I string in the low 20s. If the customer wants and pushes for higher, I have them fully understand the racket may not be able to take the tension and may result in breakage.

What you can also do is ask here in this forum. Start a thread and include a picture of the racket or rackets as that may help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the best way might be to ask the brands to tell you what is the tension spec, in case it is not stated in their products pages or not written in the racket shaft.

There are always some ranges of tensions that are safe, example 26 lbs or less for a carbon racket.
    I dont advise to go higher than 26-27 lbs for the low end carbon rackets, unless it conforms the specs.
    For high tensions (example 31 lbs or more) I think no brand will inform you can do it, except if it is already specified in the product, but then there is no need to ask. They will not want to have liability in that matter. Informing the client and make him (or her) liable is the best way to deal with this problem.
    Making a new thread here in BC maybe a good idea and hopefully you (and we) would get info about the others stringers experience of max tension the ve gone with certain models.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tensions vary only somewhat within one company; Forza guarantees tensions in the 30lb range, while Yonex hardly guarantees past the mid-20s. The stringing range barely matters, however, because companies only set stringing tensions because they are fairly certain that within the warranty period, the racket will NOT break, because otherwise warranty claims will make them lose money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't aware Browning were making rackets anymore.

My understanding of Fleet rackets was that they were a spin off from Yehlex and are no longer made. Yehlex should be able to advise on the tension range.

If in doubt use Yonex as a decent guide.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My understanding of Fleet rackets was that they were a spin off from Yehlex and are no longer made. Yehlex should be able to advise on the tension range.