User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Looking for a new racket - where to start

Hello!

So I'm 22, been playing badminton a fair while, play for a club and all that. About 4 years ago now I got a really nice Carlton racket, however I managed to clash it and the head cracked. After that, I got one for like 40 and been using it for the rest of the time.

Anyhow, I tried a restrung racket last night and noticed a difference in being able to hit the thing harder. I've always been decent at the net, but weaker in the long clear shots and nailing a smash super hard.

So I think it could be time to invest in something a little more up-to-date, but I have no idea where to start. Budget wise I'm not that fussed (150ish?).

Few people have the blue and yellow Yonex ones... So any suggestions and where to buy?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Singles? Doubles? Mixed? All 3?

I'll assume doubles. I will also stick to Yonex, as that's what I know....

Based on the brief description of your play I would see if you can demo the following rackets:

Voltric 80 4U
    Voltric 70
    Arcsaber Z-Slash
    Arcsaber i-Slash
    Arcsaber 10
    Arcsaber 7
    Armortec 900 Power
    Armortec 900 Technique

Once you've chosen a racket, string choice will make nearly as much difference.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
    Hello!

So I'm 22, been playing badminton a fair while, play for a club and all that. About 4 years ago now I got a really nice Carlton racket, however I managed to clash it and the head cracked. After that, I got one for like 40 and been using it for the rest of the time.

Anyhow, I tried a restrung racket last night and noticed a difference in being able to hit the thing harder. I've always been decent at the net, but weaker in the long clear shots and nailing a smash super hard.

So I think it could be time to invest in something a little more up-to-date, but I have no idea where to start. Budget wise I'm not that fussed (150ish?).

Few people have the blue and yellow Yonex ones... So any suggestions and where to buy?
    first i want to know what you mean when you said you've played badminton "a fair while"...how long is that exactly? what is the exact model of the carlton racket that you had, and what model yonex exactly did you see people have?

the more detail you can describe yourself and the equipment you had, the easier it is for us to gauge our suggestions. and also answer all the questions asked from the above post please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suggestion Kumpoo P800 for new hand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I purchased a Li Ning Rocks recently and am very satisfied with this racket. Its a balanced distributed racket so it helps more for defense/control. If you want something to improve smashing you'll want a head heavy racket. Rackets generally weigh pretty close to the same weight, my Armortec 700 and Rocks weigh the same but because one is head heavy I notice a tremendous difference in how these two rackets play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
    Hello!

Try online, for power maybe head-heavey/medium flex would be the best?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    first i want to know what you mean when you said you've played badminton "a fair while"...how long is that exactly? what is the exact model of the carlton racket that you had, and what model yonex exactly did you see people have?

the more detail you can describe yourself and the equipment you had, the easier it is for us to gauge our suggestions. and also answer all the questions asked from the above post please
    Judging by the fact he has owned his orginal racket for 4 years I think about that would be a good guess...

Cheers,
    thewarrior25

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try this website for the Apacs racket. Apacs Tantrum 500 is on special now.
    http://apacssportspk.com/index.php?m...74beb033e00643

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the Apacs Foray racket is sold for 22 Pound. can you believe it?

http://apacssportspk.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can currently get Armortec 900 Power/Technique for 92.99 in the UK, I bought a 900 T for myself this week. Get to try it out on Friday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by irwan_kho View Post
    try this website for the Apacs racket. Apacs Tantrum 500 is on special now.
    http://apacssportspk.com/index.php?m...74beb033e00643
    Sounds like a good deal, does anyone have this? If so what do you think of it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i have it. it's head heavy racket and really good for smashing.

Quote Originally Posted by thewarrior25 View Post
    Sounds like a good deal, does anyone have this? If so what do you think of it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by msitpro View Post
    Singles? Doubles? Mixed? All 3?

I'll assume doubles. I will also stick to Yonex, as that's what I know....

Based on the brief description of your play I would see if you can demo the following rackets:

Voltric 80 4U
    Voltric 70
    Arcsaber Z-Slash
    Arcsaber i-Slash
    Arcsaber 10
    Arcsaber 7
    Armortec 900 Power
    Armortec 900 Technique

Once you've chosen a racket, string choice will make nearly as much difference.
    Rather like this coach, according to his review of the VT70, it is rather like several of the rackets you mentioned, check it out:
    http://badminton-coach.co.uk/1786/yo...acquet-review/