Standard Racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Steve the noob, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

Hello all. I'm just wondering if a "standard racquet" could be restrung, more specifically at a high(er) tension. What I mean by standard racquet are the low end (though made by a respectable company, Wilson) racquets that usually come in a set of four. This is because the strings on one of them gave out, and after removing them, I found that the racquet was still is a very good condition. I don't like throwing stuff out, so I'm just wondering if I could send it to my stringer and get it some good strings at around 25lbs. Would this be too much for the racquet? Another note: Racquet is semi-new, I bought the set about 4 months ago, not much wear-and-tear if any at all. Looking forward to the insightful responses!

2. decoy

decoy Regular Member

If its like the set I ha a long time ago I don't think those racquets are even made for normal strings. On top of that the cost of the strings (let alone the stringing) is probably more than the racket.