Suggestion to improve on the layout of Badminton Central

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by Justheretoplay, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Justheretoplay

Justheretoplay Regular Member

Student
    I have a suggestion to make on improving the layout of B. Since I am a mountain biking advocate, I frequent a site called pinkbike.com. I really like their layout of having news at the home page and then having tabs for photos, videos, buysell, forum etc. I think that the badminton community is significantly larger than the mountain biking one, and the site should start shifting away from just being a forum website. Just a suggestion on how this website could potentially improve, but it's not bad the way it is now, just that it isn't great either..

2. Justheretoplay

Student
    layout of BC*

3. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

Seems like a great idea, I can see how the tabs on the top would have their own little sections. The only problem that I see is the lack of badminton news. Not saying there isn't anything going on in the badminton world, just not anything homepage worthy IMHO.

4. Justheretoplay

Student
    With the news, I think that there are many things to fill it with. Recent news like Adidas branching out into badminton and companies releasing new rackets and products (ie. shoes, bags, strings, shuttlecocks etc) being released can be part of the home page. Tournaments and events can be posted on the news page, along with interviews with players after their matches. Weekly tutorials on techniques can be made to help amateurs improve. I mentioned quite a bit of things that could be put on the news page, and there's bound to be room for other things I haven't. All in all, it's just a suggestion since badminton is such a popular sport worldwide and this site seems a bit aged compared to other sport enthusiast-based websites.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    suggestion is noted and i have been thinking about changing and expanding BC for a while now. i am also regular reader of pinkbike and while it is not exactly what my vision is, it is in the right direction.

the only issue is that we are lacking in manpower and many of the changes are technical and time consuming to implement.

i'd be interested to hear if anyone are willing to donate some time to help build up this improvement.