Badminton shoes fit.

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by jamaljenkins, Mar 4, 2013.

1. jamaljenkins

jamaljenkins Regular Member

Student.
    How should a pair of badminton shoes fit you when you try it on? Should it be the same size as your normal casual shoes size, or half a size larger like running shoes? Being a flatfooted WITH a wide midfoot section put me in such dilemmas when I'm trying to pick shoes. I'm preying at the Victor SHW950 or SHW8000, or Yonex SC5EX, but I'm not sure which size should I pick. I'm using a size 8 SHB80EX and it hugs my feet really tight and the toe area gets uncomfortable after a while. Is this a sign that I should perhaps go up half a size?

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Having wise flat feet myself too, the best way is to go to try them on at the store. Once you've found one you like, then wear them at home for a few days to ensure proper fitment. If it doesn't fit right, then you can still exchange them for the proper size since the sole is still new and not yet damaged.

3. jamaljenkins

jamaljenkins Regular Member

Student.
    How should a good pair of badminton shoes fit? Should it be a little loose at the toe box and snug all around or?

4. visor

visor Regular Member

I'd assume just as for runners.

When toes are all the way in to the tip, you should be able to fit only one finger between your heel and the back of the shoe. Also don't forget that the feet will swell up with exercise, so the sides should also have some room.