User Tag List

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 444
  1. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    14,507
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What I feared might happen to THW came about, I've said he got to look out for Pawar in R1 then Gurusaidutt, then ..., well, he didn't listen and is still in cloud nine.

    Even Li YB has said regarding the Sudirman Cup that IND MS are not to be underestimated.
    Last edited by Justin L; 04-10-2013 at 02:44 AM.

  2. #53
    Regular Member Jimmy_Goh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,535
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    What I feared might happen to THW came about, I've said he got to look out for Pawar in R1 then Gurusaidutt, then ..., well, he didn't listen and is still in cloud nine.

    Even Li YB has said regarding the Sudirman Cup that IND MS are not to be underestimated.
    Well, it could be a chance for another China youngster to shine here.

  3. #54
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    14,507
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_Goh View Post
    Well, it could be a chance for another China youngster to shine here.
    Yeah, you beat me to it, I was about to say it.

  4. #55
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,972
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Simon santoso is struggling hard to get the first game against unknown chinese taipei player. He seems to be good. 21-17 to simon in the first game.

  5. #56
    Regular Member Jimmy_Goh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,535
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I last seen Anand Pawar played In Singapore Open 2012. In my opinion, I don't think Anand is as good as Ajay or Kashyap. When I saw THW played (on tv) last week, I did not think that THW can lose to Anand. It shows THW inconsistency, because in terms of skill and youth, I felt THW is better than Anand. Well, I don't think China coaches like "unstable" players given that THW was in great form just 3 days ago (in winning Australia Open 2013).

  6. #57
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,972
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Any live streaming available?.. TS shows as if there is a TV court in the arena.. Anybody??

  7. #58
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,972
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_Goh View Post
    I last seen Anand Pawar played In Singapore Open 2012. In my opinion, I don't think Anand is as good as Ajay or Kashyap. When I saw THW played (on tv) last week, I did not think that THW can lose to Anand. It shows THW inconsistency, because in terms of skill and youth, I felt THW is better than Anand. Well, I don't think China coaches like "unstable" players given that THW was in great form just 3 days ago (in winning Australia Open 2013).
    Another reason discovered for the loss???. Anand had played excellently well today. Score proves it. Anand have broken his defense for more than 20 times with his powerful smashes (courtesy: some of the members here who watched the match mentioned it before in this thread). If you see one performance and judge him simply by that without taking all other performances of him is totally out of focus. THW's style of play might not be suitable for some of the players and may be tackled by some of the players as well.. Its fact.

  8. #59
    Regular Member Jimmy_Goh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,535
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is Anand under coach Gopi?
    I like Gopi coaching because it seems after he became India coach, quite a number of good India players are emerging.

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    14,507
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Consistency is what separates the good from the great player. Tian Houwei at 20 yrs and about 5 months old, born 1st Nov '92 (not Jan), is still relatively young. Even Chen Long didn't get to be more consistent until a couple years later. Anyway, THW is just one among several CHN MS youth, we shall see who's next to become an overnight sensation.

  10. #61
    Regular Member Jimmy_Goh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,535
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Does anyone knows who are the India players being coached by Gopi?

  11. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,972
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_Goh View Post
    Is Anand under coach Gopi?
    I like Gopi coaching because it seems after he became India coach, quite a number of good India players are emerging.
    Anand pawar is under his own father uday pawar as a coach.

  12. #63
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,972
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There is a new indian MS player named Kritish Dhindhwal. There is no other information about him..Anybody?? This could be his first tournament as a whole..!!! Tomorrow if he wins against Aravind bhatt, then he is to be watched for... Lets see how he performs..

  13. #64
    Regular Member volcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,505
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How is AP 3rd string? This is the guy that bet Taufik in the first round of wc 2007 right?

  14. #65
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,972
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volcom View Post
    How is AP 3rd string? This is the guy that bet Taufik in the first round of wc 2007 right?
    In one way or other, you can see him as 3rd string(current position) in indian badminton Men's singles.. Kashyap and Ajay are in 1st tier. Sourabh , Gurusaidutt are in second tier. In 3rd tier, there are so many, K.Srikanth, H.S.Prannoy, Anand pawar, Arawind bhatt, Anup sridhar, Sameer verma etc..

    It seems they are trying to increase the number of participants in the men's singles category in the world championship 2013. Let's see what happens. When compared to china, India is far far behind in all category. We wish to give a good try in every competition and Let's hope for the best..

  15. #66
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,438
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    In one way or other, you can see him as 3rd string(current position) in indian badminton Men's singles.. Kashyap and Ajay are in 1st tier. Sourabh , Gurusaidutt are in second tier. In 3rd tier, there are so many, K.Srikanth, H.S.Prannoy, Anand pawar, Arawind bhatt, Anup sridhar, Sameer verma etc..

    It seems they are trying to increase the number of participants in the men's singles category in the world championship 2013. Let's see what happens. When compared to china, India is far far behind in all category. We wish to give a good try in every competition and Let's hope for the best..
    not really, this is the latest top 100 by countries;
    Code:
    Rank MS WS MD WD XD total
    1 Indonesia 9 10 16 12 11 58
    2 China 7 11 6 10 8 42
    3 Malaysia 11 5 12 7 5 40
    4 Japan 6 10 7 9 5 37
    5 India 10 5 4 4 5 28
    5 Korea 3 2 7 6 10 28
    7 Thailand 4 6 3 7 5 25
    8 Denmark 9 3 4 2 5 23
    9 Chinese Taipei 2 4 5 6 2 19
    9 England 3 2 5 4 5 19
    11 Russia 3 5 2 4 4 18
    12 Germany 3 3 4 2 5 17
    13 Hong Kong 4 3 1 2 3 13
    13 Netherlands 2 2 3 2 4 13
    13 Singapore 2 4 2 2 3 13
    16 France 1 1 2 2 3 9
    17 Canada 3 1 2 2 8
    18 U.S.A. 1 1 2 2 1 7
    19 Austria 2 1 1 1 1 6
    19 Ukraine 2 1 1 2 6
    21 Belgium 1 1 1 1 1 5
    21 Bulgaria 3 2 5
    21 Czech Republic 2 1 1 1 5
    21 Poland 2 1 2 5
    21 Sweden 2 1 1 1 5
    26 Switzerland 2 1 1 4
    26 Wales 1 2 1 4
    28 Ireland 1 1 1 3
    28 New Zealand 1 1 1 3
    28 Scotland 1 1 1 3
    28 Spain 1 2 3
    28 Turkey 2 1 3
    33 Australia 1 1 2
    33 Croatia 1 1 2
    33 England/Scotland 1 1 2
    33 Finland 2 2
    33 Lithuania 1 1 2
    33 Slovenia 1 1 2
    39 Belarus 1 1
    39 Estonia 1 1
    39 France/Germany 1 1
    39 Guatemala 1 1
    39 Israel 1 1
    39 Macau 1 1
    39 Scotland/Malaysia 1 1
    39 South Africa 1 1
    39 Sri Lanka 1 1
    39 Vietnam 1 1
    in fact, India (10) is second only to MAS (11) by 1 player, China is not even close with only 7.
    China only ahead in the WS in the top 100.

  16. #67
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,972
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    not really, this is the latest top 100 by countries;
    Code:
    Rank MS WS MD WD XD total
    1 Indonesia 9 10 16 12 11 58
    2 China 7 11 6 10 8 42
    3 Malaysia 11 5 12 7 5 40
    4 Japan 6 10 7 9 5 37
    5 India 10 5 4 4 5 28
    5 Korea 3 2 7 6 10 28
    7 Thailand 4 6 3 7 5 25
    8 Denmark 9 3 4 2 5 23
    9 Chinese Taipei 2 4 5 6 2 19
    9 England 3 2 5 4 5 19
    11 Russia 3 5 2 4 4 18
    12 Germany 3 3 4 2 5 17
    13 Hong Kong 4 3 1 2 3 13
    13 Netherlands 2 2 3 2 4 13
    13 Singapore 2 4 2 2 3 13
    16 France 1 1 2 2 3 9
    17 Canada 3 1 2 2 8
    18 U.S.A. 1 1 2 2 1 7
    19 Austria 2 1 1 1 1 6
    19 Ukraine 2 1 1 2 6
    21 Belgium 1 1 1 1 1 5
    21 Bulgaria 3 2 5
    21 Czech Republic 2 1 1 1 5
    21 Poland 2 1 2 5
    21 Sweden 2 1 1 1 5
    26 Switzerland 2 1 1 4
    26 Wales 1 2 1 4
    28 Ireland 1 1 1 3
    28 New Zealand 1 1 1 3
    28 Scotland 1 1 1 3
    28 Spain 1 2 3
    28 Turkey 2 1 3
    33 Australia 1 1 2
    33 Croatia 1 1 2
    33 England/Scotland 1 1 2
    33 Finland 2 2
    33 Lithuania 1 1 2
    33 Slovenia 1 1 2
    39 Belarus 1 1
    39 Estonia 1 1
    39 France/Germany 1 1
    39 Guatemala 1 1
    39 Israel 1 1
    39 Macau 1 1
    39 Scotland/Malaysia 1 1
    39 South Africa 1 1
    39 Sri Lanka 1 1
    39 Vietnam 1 1
    in fact, India (10) is second only to MAS (11) by 1 player, China is not even close with only 7.
    China only ahead in the WS in the top 100.
    Thanks AlanY for your information . Good. Infact, I agree that there are lots of MS players (mere in numbers won't do). Atleast, if they get titles along with malaysia and china in MS category, then i accept that they have achieved something. Only in WS, due to SainaNehwal, we were able to get some titles . Ok.. No Probs. Lets hope for the best in the future. Every youngster is trying to do something big. This year, we may even see more MS players in top 100 ..

    Thanks once again to you..

  17. #68
    Regular Member Jimmy_Goh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,535
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    Jimmy_Goh, will there be a PAW game for this tourney ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_Goh View Post
    Wow . . . I did not prepare for it. Many new/unknown players so need more time to find their ranking points. I also need more time to prepare the PAWs, and I understand some days have 2 rounds played concurrently.
    I will not be able to make it for today's round. Let me think about it. . . . . but chances are low.
    Sorry, I am not confident that I can commit my time this week to run NZ PAW. And, Sandy is busy too, so no NZ PAW this week.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •