A little about Fu Haifeng.

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by kwun, Nov 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Fu Haifeng

original published in Nanfang Daily.

translated by Kwun @ badmintonforum.com

If you shout “Ah Bo!” toward the Chinese MD team, you will find a 1.83m young man responding to you. A thick set of eye brows along with big eye and straight nose, he is quite a handsome young man. This man is Fu Haifeng, one of the most hopeful MD players in the Chinese team.

Fu’s story starts from his nickname, “Ah Bo”. As he was born quite cute and adorable, all his friends and coaches quite adored him, thus his nickname “Ah Bo” stuck (Ah Bo means “treasure”) from when he joined the GuangDong province team.

Usually if you spoil a child, he won’t succeed in life, Fu isn’t an exception. For many years, he is a 2nd team player who doesn’t turn any heads. Until Tang Xinfu started taking over the MD training did Fu’s offensive power and delicate netshots gotten noticed, and since then he has become a breakthrough for the Chinese MD team.

As the baggage of the MD future is on his back, Fu’s training has become very tough. He prior routine of 2 trainings a day has become 3 trainings a day. However, he claims that even tougher is to keep a training diary. During the SARS time they were close door training in JinJiang, he complained more than once about not able to write a good training diary, thinking that the training diary does not help improving his performance. Not until the WC 2003 did he realized that he started thinking and able to make a split second decision among the chaos and speed of a rally. At this time, he started to fully understand Tang’s training diary method.

Fu always claims that he is not a smart kid. However, he does have a good heart, during the WC games, he knocked down a advertising panels along with a photographer behind it. he got off the ground, put the advertising panel back in place, help the photographer get up and apologized to the people around him. When asked why he did that, he open his eye wide and said, “even kindagarten teachers will tell you that you need to apologize if you bump into someone!”

On the badminton court, he is a typical fighter, he will not easily give up. He told the reporters, “during training and tournaments we strive to play our best, we cannot let coach Tang angry, his is not in his top health condition, what if he get him sick as a result?”

Aside from training, Fu’s favorite hobby is play computer games, as a result, he and “comrade” Bao Chunlai are good friends. He also claims that the lack of a girlfriend has something to do with it too, “if I spend time with my girlfriend, then I won’t have time to play computer games anymore…”

2. cheongsa

cheongsa Regular Member

Assistant Professor
    I think Fu Haifeng looks a little like Louis Koo, the Hong Kong actor.

Anyone agree?

3. chen zi

chen zi Regular Member

student
    fu hai feng was the most handsome guy in the china double team

4. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

Anyone know what a training diary is like and how to write one TXF style? eg straight after training or on the spot, eg write down you've done so far straight after you've done it or doing it during your free time, eg after a shower? Details pls if some one knows ;) thx~

5. jayes

jayes Regular Member

Badminton specialty selling strings, grips, shuttl
    I was hoping someone who knows about TXF style of writing the training diary would come forward and share. Seeing none came forward, allow me to share my experience. CAVEAT: I was never coached under TXF and not aware of his method/style.

When I was under coaching, my coach encouraged (however not a requirement) his students to write a training diary where we would enter that day's training. Anything that would constitute on improving our playing, tactic, strategy, fitness, and so forth. As an example, if I was training in single for that day, I would enter any shots that constitute weak returns and ways that I would like to improve for the next training. At a predetermined time interval, we would meet with our coach one on one to discuss on our progress and his suggestions on improvements. It helped having a training diary during that occasion. And yes, during training, he would also suggests on improvements. During the one on one meeting, I felt more like solidifying what was discussed. :) Usually I tried to enter the day's experience before bed.

HTH.

6. chika

chika Regular Member

student
    More Story About Fu Haifeng Please!

ya i'm a new fan of him so i don't know him very well..

7. *izzyC*

*izzyC* Regular Member

Eh...i think Cai Yun is the best looking one...Haha... :p

8. gade_sup

gade_sup Regular Member

so just another example of a young chinese who will be burned out in a couple of years...

9. *izzyC*

*izzyC* Regular Member

I totally agree...but there is always someone to replace him...The pool of players in china is :eek: ...

10. gade_sup

gade_sup Regular Member

but china should learn from their history that they godda let the players gain experience before they can win the major titles, and not train the youngsters so hard they won't have that chance. Sun Jun firts won his wc right before he retired, and the same with xia. now we will see how chinas youngsters will come through in this years olympic games. i'm not convinced lindan, bao and cai/fu will make it

11. eMiLy

eMiLy Regular Member

any pics of fu hai feng?:p

12. chika

chika Regular Member

student
    Pictures Of Him

you could find those at www.fuhaifeng.con.cn ... cute!!! or on this forum (tournament 2004 - thomas & uber cup 2004 -thomas & uber cup 2004 pic)... and you'll love him!!

13. chika

chika Regular Member

student
    Fu Haifeng!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. flikflak

flikflak Regular Member

He's good looking, pretty boy.

I think if you see him from atop a bit he resembles to Aaron Kwok

15. SDK-MSN

SDK-MSN Regular Member

he's one good lookin guy!!! :eek:

16. ShaSha

ShaSha Regular Member

Cai Yun also is good looking, more handsome than Fu.

17. HoNgHoNg

HoNgHoNg Regular Member

base in Spore, heart at wherever Lin Dan n Xuanze
    yah i think cai yun is better looking too.... :p
    but i still likes Lin Dan n Xuanze more :D

18. ShaSha

ShaSha Regular Member

Yes, I think so. I think lots of girls still like Lin Dan.

Because he is professional in match.:) :)

19. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

Guys learn the difference between personal and public, she's said a few times she doesn't want to say, so stop bugging her publicly. If you really want to know send her a private message so she can delete it and not feel the need to answer in front of everyone.

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    1. thread off topic
    2. thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.