Kason Twister C7 Ltd top grommet?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Lucastth, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Lucastth

Lucastth Regular Member

9 to 6
    Hi all, I just realised that the Kason Twister C7 Ltd uses a grommet strip for the top part of the racket head.

I would like to know if anyone knows how does this affect future stringing? As in how often or should that strip be replaced with a new one, or if any other regular individual grommets can be used?

I am not a stringer myself, but I'd like to make sure that my future stringer knows what to do with it.

Any recommendations or experience will be most appreciated, thank you :)

2. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

The regular C7 is the same, it looks like you'd have to replace all the grommets using the strip individually which sucks. Even if you could find a replacements strip (which I can't find) it would have to have the non-spread grommets with the ends not spread out wide for cleaner stringing.

About to string my own C7 which I hope that I don't have to re-string too often! Or you could just buy a new C7 if you have to replace the grommet strip and sell the old one :rolleyes:

3. Lucastth

Lucastth Regular Member

9 to 6
    Great! Finally a reply! :D

So you're saying that other generic individual grommets is not suitable to replace the strip?

4. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

Just from initial inspection it looks like generic individual grommets would be a suitable replacement, since the frame underneath the strip appears to be the same as the sides where there are normal individual grommets. But of course you'd want to avoid replacing the strip for as long as possible :p

5. Lucastth

Lucastth Regular Member

9 to 6
    Great, many thanks! And why is that so? Is the strip really that good or does it benefit the string holding tension in some ways?

6. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

I don't believe the strip will need to be replaced to be honest. The material seems pretty tough (not as tough as Yonex shared grommets) but seems tough enough to sustain multiple stringing. The only thing I would watch out for is the last grommets on the ends which may get damaged over time from stringing. Those may need to be cut off and replaced with regular grommets.