User Tag List

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MD is very dubious this year :// For me the most interesting discipline... Even BoMo lost yesterday.
    Quite open now, even Ahsan/Setiawan are the favourites imo.

For WS I root for Juli Schenk and Saina Nehwal. Will be a tough challange today vs Intanon for JS.
    MS I would like to see a JOJ vs LCW match, but Jorgensen has a tough task today vs the robot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KB@TB Em View Post
    Well, is it only me or does the quality of bw.tv replays totally suck???!!!
    The livestreaming itself didnīt work well yesterday, but the replays are soooo bad. It hangs (dunno how to describe it in English^^) when the picture moves to another camera angle.
    Yes, it is quite choppy. The difference is obvious when you compare it to other tournaments

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

it seems that everyone saying China is not doing well and is helping out other countries, i think while that is true to some extent, it is not helping out other countries as much as we thought as Indonesia has swept up most the spots that China donated and the other countries just reshuffled a little.

AE2013 Country Distribution:

AE2012 Country Distribution:

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

the most impressive is Thailand who has 5 QF entries this year when they have zero in 2012.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not appropriate by saying that China has "Donated" the spots to others . Actually speaking, Other countries did start to show their increased level of play in certain disciplines than China . Many other countries has improved their levels better than superpower badminton nation "china". That is the case .

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting stats, kwun. However,other than the number of players fielded, I think the luck of the draw should also be taken into account, esp when same nationality participants are matched up in the early rounds, even from the qualification stage.

Say, if you've four reasonably strong WS players and they happened to be in four different quadrants of the draw, then the chances of having all four progressing to the Quarterfinals are definitely higher than if the four of them are bunched up in the same two quadrants, though theoretically still possible if they are in opposite ends of each of the two quadrants.
    Last edited by Justin L; 03-08-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Its not appropriate by saying that China has "Donated" the spots to others . Actually speaking, Other countries did start to show their increased level of play in certain disciplines than China . Many other countries has improved their levels better than superpower badminton nation "china". That is the case .
    For the AE this year you have a point. But it is to early to say many countries are on the same level as China now. But it could be a interesting development! Surdiman Cup and other PSS events (incl. WC) will give us more information of the catch-up other countries are achieving.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, way too early. Just some months ago, China almost won the three medals in WS, just like in 2008. We are so accustomed to see them taking all the title, we find today's situation fantastic! But other countries cannot "catch up" in a few months time.
    LXR and WYH poor display remains to be explained.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    it seems that everyone saying China is not doing well and is helping out other countries, i think while that is true to some extent, it is not helping out other countries as much as we thought as Indonesia has swept up most the spots that China donated and the other countries just reshuffled a little.
    [QUOTE=scorpion1;2052318]Its not appropriate by saying that China has "Donated" the spots to others .

I think what he means is everyone is saying that by not doing well, China is "making it easier for other countries" instead of "helping other countries".

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the AE this year you have a point. But it is to early to say many countries are on the same level as China now. But it could be a interesting development! Surdiman Cup and other PSS events (incl. WC) will give us more information of the catch-up other countries are achieving.
    Yep.. Especially when top seeds in the women's singles are toppled by unseeded players in this AE tourney definitely emphasis the strength in the women's singles area by some other nations is a good sign to badminton. I think draws are as usual with all the seeds placed in such a way to ensure that they reach atleast the quarterfinals of their respective branches. But the thing is that the seeds lost even before that to unseeded players..
    Last edited by scorpion1; 03-08-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=powertrail;2052334]
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Its not appropriate by saying that China has "Donated" the spots to others .

I think what he means is everyone is saying that by not doing well, China is "making it easier for other countries" instead of "helping other countries".
    Is it so??.... If so, am sorry for that..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post

AE2013 Country Distribution:

AE2012 Country Distribution:

may i ask where u get these two graphs? u did them yourself?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, is it only me or does the quality of bw.tv replays totally suck???!!!
    The livestreaming itself didnīt work well yesterday, but the replays are soooo bad. It hangs (dunno how to describe it in English^^) when the picture moves to another camera angle.
    Yeah, judging from the comments of the video all people discover this problem... So annoying...
    I hope they're gonna fix this and this will not be a upload-series like Denmark Open...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though the word 'donated' may sound inappropriate, it's still arguable depending on the premises (eg, a top player withdraws/retires due to injury such as Cai/Fu's case), the word 'helping' is acceptable for help can be unintended.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The play starts at 5 pm (local time) , which is too late to some countries like India where it would be 10.30 pm. But still i believe i can stay to watch atleast Saina as well as kashyap's match today.. Thanks to organisers for making this two matches early today(i mean making it as first or second in the schedule) .

Still i can't say withdrawal of Cai/Fu's case as a 'donation' , because there is no guarantee for them to reach next round even if they have played in that day as already there were some instances where so many seeded players including reigning champion lost in the first round itself. We can't say this as 'donation'. Then the hard work with which the players who won it against the top seeds go waste... That's why i said it. No offense.
    Last edited by scorpion1; 03-08-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big big hope for AHSAN/HENDRA and INA XD pairs. ZHANG/ZHAO and XU/MA are always a nightmare for TONTOWI/NATSIR. I really wish one of them will lose it

Let's see whether LINDAWENI can create another upset or not

TOMMY still has a chance to progress one more step further. For WD, well, highly unlikely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any live streaming links ??

which court is live today ???

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast