Help Getting New Racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by BangToyib, Mar 7, 2013.

1. BangToyib

BangToyib Regular Member

Hi,
    I need some help to get a new racquet. I'm using lining superseries 88 right now and thinking to get a new racquet. I'm a fast attacking player that like playing rally and smashing. But smashing is my favourite thing.

I'm thinking to get either arcsaber 11 or nanoray 800. The reason i choosing those 2 is because they have Sonic Metal equipped. I'm gonna using 66 Ultimax at 27 lbs like the one i'm using at the moment.

Any advice?

Thanks

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Don't be fooled by marketing and advertisment of those fancy material names. I'm sorry but choosing a racket because of sonic metal is stupid. Maybe trolling? :D
    Budget, the reason for a new purchase and preferences are most important when you are willing to buy a racket.

So lets start from scratch.
    Your current racket is light (4U), flexible and HL. Maybe not the best choice for an attacking racket. What would you like to change? Do you play Doubles/Singles? Level of play.
    It's nearly every time the same. People ask about a new racket advices but never read:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-equipment-question-in-BadmintonForum-com-***

There are a plenty of rackets which you can choose and are very well made and strong.

3. BangToyib

BangToyib Regular Member

well isn't 4U to light? I'm playing at Australia at the moment and its kinda hard to find 4U racket. i normally play doubles and casually singles. I'm an intermediate player but very serious in badminton. Maybe a balance racket of all 3 above? can you recommend me some racket then? probably yonex racket because i'm a yonex whore lol

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    For some people (count me in) 4U is too light. I would only choose a really head heavy beast as 4U version, but that are just my 2 cents.
    I wouldn't buy something from the evil empire, but that's a different story. I would recommand a Voltric 5. Moderately head heavy and medium flex.

#4 ucantseeme, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  5. visor

visor Regular Member

Out of your 2 choices, Arc 11 should be better for you, more of an all rounder.

6. Kalen

Kalen Regular Member

To be honest, I don't think you should get the arcsaber 11 since imo, it's just a arcsaber 10 with new technology. You might notice a bit faster in ur smashes with the arc11 instead of the 10 but overall, theyre quite similar. I never tried the nanoray 800 so no comments. However, I tired the nanoray700 before and tbh, I dun like it. Theyre are definitely great on drivings but for a smasher, nanoray is lacking.

Now, I would recommend several rackets for double play such as armortec 900, arcsaber 7, voltric 80, any many other victor rackets. I would also recommend u to get 4U instead of 2U/3U. The reason why is cuz u get a faster swing in light racket. For smashing, u got the heavy heads from voltric 80 and armortec 900. Arcsaber 7 is also super fast.

Anyway, you have to try out the rackets first before buying them since we choose the racket that WE think is best for us. Hope ull find one soon.

7. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    If you MUST Have this Sonic Metal (tm), then +1 on the Arc11.

If you are going for NanoRay, you should buy the 700FX rather than the 800 or the 700RP... (lacks smashing power unless you have very strong level of wrist power because of shaft stiffness)

But since you did mention you like smashing, you should get a VT60.

You should also mention your playing level, some rackets are not beginner or low intermediate friendly...

8. SyamzariVoltric

SyamzariVoltric Regular Member

Optometrist
    - for fast attacking style of play, smashing, better u use Voltric series bro.. try vt5 or vt70 first (medium flex). . 4u ??? 4u for me is too light..
    - for rally playing - u can try arcsaber series..