User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    I think it's a good idea if you ignore the 'U' ratings on Victor rackets, and actually use a scale and weigh them. In my experience, I've found that Victor 3U rackets are at the bottom of the 3U weight range, and Yonexes are at the top. The difference is massive. It's like Victor aims for right inbetween the weight ranges, and those over get called 3U, and those under as 4U.

If you want something 'meatier' than a Meteor, you have to look at the Superwaves, or maybe the new TK8000 might suit. The 'meatiest' Victor I've ever used has been the 3U SW35. Way too 'meaty' for me, though.
    Agree that scales are more accurate than U Ratings. Still need to mention this for people who don't have scales though.

I wanted something meatier than a bravesword. The feel of a meteor MX JJS is just right for me.

I owned a SW35 once but I had to let it go to a friend. I'm not strong enough to use it. I tried using it again for warm up shots but I got tired even before the game started. haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Bakulaw,

Currently, I play MD with mx60 4U and found it quite forgiving. It is also stiff for a medium-stiff. I am keen to get a mx jjs 4U for the extra power however I am worried that it is too stiff. I got a strained shoulder playing with Vt80 for few months. Do you mind sharing your experience after playing for sometimes with jjs? Thanks.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanus View Post
    Hi Bakulaw,

Currently, I play MD with mx60 4U and found it quite forgiving. It is also stiff for a medium-stiff. I am keen to get a mx jjs 4U for the extra power however I am worried that it is too stiff. I got a strained shoulder playing with Vt80 for few months. Do you mind sharing your experience after playing for sometimes with jjs? Thanks.
    MX JJS is indeed stiffer than the MX60. In my case, a proper warm up (stretching, etc.) is necessary before using the MX JJS.

If I use it without warming up properly, the stiff racket does punish me. I'll surely get a painful shoulder and elbow.

In you case, it would be better to try out a friend's MX JJS first. I'm afraid to recommend it to you knowing that you injured from the VT 80.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Bakulaw,

If you have joints problems, trying a racket with a shock absorption construction might be a good idea (Brave Sword line has this and it can be found in other brands too). Have you thought of a 3U MX60 to get better power without the extra stiffness?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The good thing about the MX60 is that it's the best damped Meteor. Not quite as good as an old spec BS11, and not as fast either, but torsionally it's better.

If you want extra head/swing weight but not as much as the VT80, and you want a Victor, it seems from early days reports the racket you should maybe be looking at is the Thruster TK8000.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@bakulaw ... Since you already have tried Eric's Pro6000, you should really try what LD Rules suggested, the XP70. It is a very good hybrid racket that has Meteor octagonal cross section in the lower half frame and Bravesword aerodynamic cross section in the upper half frame. It is both fast and powerful, and has this amazing high pitched swish sound when you swing it right. It is now my go to racket after trying out MX70, 80, 60, BS12, SW35, VT80, VTZF, Precision Pro, Revelation. ...... Just weigh and measure you racket to see your preference, and order one to spec from Eric.
    Last edited by visor; 04-15-2013 at 08:24 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    @bakulaw ... Since you already have tried Eric's Pro6000, you should really try what LD Rules suggested, the XP70. It is a very good hybrid racket that has Meteor octagonal cross section in the lower half frame and Bravesword aerodynamic cross section in the upper half frame. It is both fast and powerful, and has this amazing high pitched swish sound when you swing it right. It is now my go to racket after trying out MX70, 80, 60, BS12, SW35, VT80, VTZF, Precision Pro, Revelation. ...... Just weigh and measure you racket to see your preference, and order one to spec from Eric.

Thanks for the recommendation.
    I actually gave the XP70 a thought but I eventually went for the MX JJS.

I'll have to take a second look at the XP70 soon, but honestly, I'm drooling over the Adidas duo-force right now.

I'll also need to sell off my MX60 before going for another purchase. The wife doesn't allow me to keep too many rackets. hehe.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bakulaw View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation.
    I actually gave the XP70 a thought but I eventually went for the MX JJS.

I'll have to take a second look at the XP70 soon, but honestly, I'm drooling over the Adidas duo-force right now.

I'll also need to sell off my MX60 before going for another purchase. The wife doesn't allow me to keep too many rackets. hehe.
    If you deal with Eric directly, you can get almost 3x XP70's for the price of your MX60.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Visor, did you have to pay duty or brokerage fee when shipping from TW. on your XP70 or MX60? "3x XP70's for the price of your MX60" is very reasonable price to try a new racket. Thanks

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^ (knocking on wood)... so far after getting a dozen or so various rackets from him over the past 2 years, luckily no...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    ^^ (knocking on wood)... so far after getting a dozen or so various rackets from him over the past 2 years, luckily no...
    Thanks Visor

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JJS is stiffer than the Vt-80. TK8000 is similar in flex with Vt-80.
    JJS is 4/5 on the Victor scale. It's a nice meaty racquet and looks gorgeous too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am getting a MX JJS 4U + AZ65@24lbs. I considered TK8000 but it is not available in 4U in Sydney. Thank you all for your comments.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am getting a MX JJS 4U + AZ65@24lbs. I considered TK8000 but it is not available in 4U in Sydney. Thank you all for your comments.
    good for you. don't forget to tell us your comments later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Bakulaw, Have u strung mx jjs with nanogy 99? I wonder if it is more suitable. I can still change...thanks.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Bakulaw, Have u strung mx jjs with nanogy 99? I wonder if it is more suitable. I can still change...thanks.
    Sorry, I haven't tried the nanogy 99.

I'm still using the VS-850 strung by Eric/RKEP.

*props to Eric for the great stringing job! Almost a month using this string and I barely feel the infamous VS-850 tension drop!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bakulaw View Post

*props to Eric for the great stringing job! Almost a month using this string and I barely feel the infamous VS-850 tension drop!
    +100000 on this... his string job holds tension for ages, even for this infamous string...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3