2013 ALL ENGLAND SS Premier - Day 6 : FINALS (10th March 2013)

Discussion in 'German / All England / Swiss Open 2013' started by nokh88, Mar 9, 2013.

1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Today’s Final will begin on 12.00pm local time with Five TV matches unless there is a walkover by Cheng Shu/Zhao YunLei :

Order of Play :

WD : Wang Xiaoli/Yu Yang (CHN) v Cheng Shu/Zhao YunLei (CHN)

MD : Liu Xiaolong/Qiu Zihan (CHN) v Hiroyuki Endo/Kenichi Hayakawa (JPN)

WS : Ratchanok Intanon (THA) v TINE BAUN (DEN)

MS : Lee Chong Wei (MAS) v CHEN LONG (CHN)

XD : Zhang Nan/Zhao YunLei (CHN) v Ahmad Tontowi/Liliyana Natsir (INA)

WD as usual, 99.9999% will be CHN unless all 4 players are injured.

MD and WS, too close to call and tough to predict but I am rooting for May as TB has won it before.

MS will go on the script, top and second seed will show off their performance to win AE title.

XD last match of the day. Will keep the INA fans glued all the way.

[FONT=&amp]Tournament website : http://www.allenglandbadminton.com/

ENG time : http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_GB.aspx

Order of Play & Result : http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...A59D61-4728-46BA-A9CD-1FB8AC4FDDB5&d=20130310

PAW Game : http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...REMIER-SS-2013

CHN may/will still win 4 out 5 titles in this Mickey Mouse tournament as claimed by some members.

[/FONT]Best of luck for the only MAS player :)

Enjoy the 2nd most beautiful sport after soccer.

Note : Format borrowed from CLELY.

#1 nokh88, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Dem's fightin' words ! ;-)
    -------
    Hoping for great matches no matter who wins. But will admit a soft spot for Ratchanok in WS after hearing Gill Clarke 's short biography of the Thai girl at the beginning if her semi with SN.

3. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Yeah is that true found the article from a while back that said her parents worked as helpers and cleaners at the Banthongyod Badminton School in Bangkok and She was enrolled at the badminton school for free when she was just six years old so that her parents could keep an eye on her.

Gill Clark claimed - parents were migrant workers and worked in a sweet making factory which they took IR. The factory owner said too dangerous for the young one to be around so enrolled on badminton course.

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yeah, CHN only failed to book final spot in WS, it's really big surprise indeed even we didn't see them in semifinal.

WD should be Wang/Yu to repeat their 2011 success unless 'other scenario' will be created here :D

MS : Lee CW v CL, 50/50. First final in major & prestigious tournament for CL to challenge very tough and high calibre opponent, let's see what the outcome is...

WS : A fairytale and memorable for Tine Baun if she wins AE for third time as farewell tournament to close her badminton career :)

MD : CHN MD is dangerous and has good fighting spirit plus high confidence after they wrapped up #1 seed and the front-runner Danish pair Boe/Mogensen at QF

XD : once again 50/50, good luck for Towi/Liliyana, hopefully they will defend AE title :)

#4 CLELY, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    predictions:

WangXL/YuY beat Cheng Shu/Zhao Yunlei - even with Tian Qing it is only a 40/60 deal when coming against the huge attackers. Cheng Shu still a bit below TQ.

Liu Xiaolong / Qiu Zihan beat Hiroyuki Endo / Kenichi Hayakawa - the Chinese youngsters has been very impressive. i think they will have a slight edge against the stable but not outstanding Japanese.

Ratchanok Intanon beat Tine Baun - Ratchanok has been very impressive in semifinal showing she is in better form than she ever have been. adding that her 3-1 h2h against Tine. I think she will become the youngest lady to take the AE title.

Lee Chong Wei beat Chen Long - the magic of CL seems to have disappeared. maybe he has something up his sleeves but Lee Chong Wei will be very hard to beat by anyone but Lin Dan.

Zhang Nan / Zhao Yunlei beat Liliyana Natsir / Tantowi Ahmad - tough choice to put XD at the end but AE has to do it coz ZYL will be playing WD first. it is tough to pick between these two pairs so i just went with the h2h of 4-2 for the Chinese.

6. sen

sen Regular Member

Mickey mouse is not found in UK. This is Mr Bean tournament. Loved by many, regarded silly by some snob :)

2nd most beautiful ? I don't watch other sport live, especially when it is playing during my sleeping time.

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    in terms of country distribution, China has one less spot this year than last:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    if you look back at the previous graphs i made, there were more diversity in the QF stage but as the tournament progresses, countries starts to drop out which shows 2 things:

- more countries are able to get to the later stage
    - but their lack in depth*breath means their penetration into the later stage is still not as successful as China.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Oh.. Its interesting to hear how she learnt badminton... Really great to see such a talent from thailand.. She is the first girl (of either ***) to reach All England finals in 50 years. I read it in an article. Saina played passive yesterday which paid the price. With Inthanon like player, we need to be offensive. Otherwise, the game will turn over. Ratchanok tried all strokes in her book to finish the game within two games. Nice to see such a talent in such an young age. Good.:)

10. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    more countries are able to get to the later stage
    - but their lack in depth*breath means their penetration into the later stage is still not as successful as China.

-->
    More countries has shown their improvement . I accept that China is super power in badminton. Though many countries lack depth in this sport, they have shown tremendous improvement atleast in one category (women's singles). Last time there were two or three progressed to semifinals from china. This time countries like Indonesia, Korea and india has stopped atleast one top women's singles player to move further. This is a tremendous improvement from their part.

I accept that China still is dominant in this sport. I believe that good fight with dominant powers is a nice thing to any sport.:)

11. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    OT :

Why is the time showing one hour ahead? It's 2.32pm but showing 3.32pm instead on the posts.

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Forum is undergoing some maintenance . Server maintenance I suppose.

13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

BTW, can Chen Long chalk up his 1st all england title? Or can LCW win his third all england title? Another exciting showdown for badminton fans especially Malaysian and chinese fans..

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Prolly because Daylight saving kicks in tonight in US and most of Canada...
    but you should be able to set the time zone for your self in your settings once you're logged in...

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    [MENTION=51369]nokh88[/MENTION], wait another 40mins, and see if it fixes itself.

also, can you go to:

Settings->General Settings->Data & Time Options and let me know what you have for:

Time zone, DST Correction Option

thanks.

16. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

For WD, I predict Cheng/Zhao because they may want to promote them to the WC.

17. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

For MD, I predict Qiu/Liu because the Japanese players always failed when they reach the AE final. Eg: Tago and Hirose. :D

18. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

even though majority of the hottest players were blown, but the final will be an exciting one by looking at the finalists, especially the MS. I thought they will put the MS as the last match, but they didn't.

19. julianng

julianng Regular Member

whatt..... the MS is the least exciting... LCW is by far the better player of the two... CL does not play well at these kind of venues....

when does the matches start btw ?? aren't they already supposed to start ???

20. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

CL still has the chance to beat him today. LCW is not the king yet. We shall see. Few years back I would say LCW - CL 70-30, but recent days, I would say it is 60-40 or 50-50.
    The matches start at 12pm (local time)