String Recommendation for NR700FX?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Ray1500, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Ray1500

Ray1500 Regular Member

I just got a Nanoray 700FX and I stringed it with an Ashaway Micropower and I can't say I really like it. It might be because I strung it too low of a tension, but I was wondering if I could have a recommendation on strings for this racket? I'm a Control Player by the way if that helps.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    you need to give a bit more info.

how do you not like micropower? what tension was it at?

what strings have you tried? how did you like them?

what's your skill level?

3. Ray1500

Ray1500 Regular Member

I didn't like the Micropower because I just didn't like the way it felt, I couldn't feel my shots at all and it was at 21lb tension as I'm not very strong. I've only tried the Micropower string for my NR700FX. And I'd say Intermediate.

4. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

If you are an intermediate player you should feel comfortable playing at around 24lbs. 21lbs is considered low tension and I wouldn't recommend that to intermediate players.

Micropower is a good string, though choices can be personal. You said you did not like the feel, was it too hard or too soft for you? String stiffness/hardness is something you can feel even at lower tensions. E.g. BG80 is feels very hard. As you said you are not very strong, perhaps you can consider a more repulsive (thinner gauge) string, like NBG98, BM66UM or Zymax 62.

NBG98 has decent durability though it feels a bit numb and slippery.
    BG66 Ultimax has one of the best feels when freshly strung, feels softer than NBG98 (which has medium feel), also very repulsive.
    ZM62 is excellent at tension keeping, very clear sound and has harder feel.

Hope that helps.

5. msitpro

msitpro Regular Member

IT consultant
    I'd say bg66um for that low a tension and if you want 'feeling' and 'control'

I have 700FX's just used nbg98 on them first time tonight at 27/28.5 lbs, feels good. Previously tried bg80/66 hybrid and bg80power. All feel really good tbh but the 80power goes off after about 3 weeks.

6. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

Mine is strung with NBG95 @ 21 and it's not too bad. I would suggest, like others said here BG66UM or NBG98 if you can find it. If you have problem hitting the sweet spot, I wouldn't string at a higher tension since it reduces it's area.