User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For absolute beginners, I'd say anything at sports direct will do nicely, and using something like Bg65 or Nanogy 98 (if I spelt that right) at a low tension should do fine. If you want to be a bit pedantic, when you pick up the racquet, take a look at the flex and the balance on the racquet. Beginners generally want a more flexible and even (or if you're daring, head heavy) racquet to help them generate power along with a low string tension. If you don't understand what the U and G system is, then in a nutshell, basically the higher the U number, the light it is. So e.g, 5U is lighter than 4U. But you generally find mostly 3U's in the Uk. Dno about other places. The higher the G number, the smaller the handle size.
    in terms of Gorky racquets, then the only ones I can thing of are Arcsaber 9fl, 8DX (in red), 3FL and the Li Ning N60. As far as I'm aware, the N60 and the 9fl were made for girls but they're quite expensive, especially for beginners

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

victor super nano 7 or super nano 6 with stiffer mid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thought, is that you should bring her to the shop, get all the 4U, mid flex / flex racket from a few brands (yonex, victor, carlton, etc) and lay them all on a table. Let her choose what she likes at the first sight, and let her has a few swings with it.

I think choosing a racket is more about feeling than just purely based on the racket's spec. Even she choose something that is not really "handle-able" for herself, she's still going to adjust herself for the racket. So I think rather than choose something you think it's good for her based on the spec sheet, let her choose what she likes.

As for string, bg65ti is a good start, durable and cheap. As for tension, my guess is around 20-22lbs.

I would do that to my wife, if she's into badminton XD Or in the future, my children if they are interest in badminton like I do.

Anyway, happy hunting!!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ah.b|ack View Post
    My thought, is that you should bring her to the shop, get all the 4U, mid flex / flex racket from a few brands (yonex, victor, carlton, etc) and lay them all on a table. Let her choose what she likes at the first sight, and let her has a few swings with it.

I think choosing a racket is more about feeling than just purely based on the racket's spec. Even she choose something that is not really "handle-able" for herself, she's still going to adjust herself for the racket. So I think rather than choose something you think it's good for her based on the spec sheet, let her choose what she likes.

As for string, bg65ti is a good start, durable and cheap. As for tension, my guess is around 20-22lbs.

I would do that to my wife, if she's into badminton XD Or in the future, my children if they are interest in badminton like I do.

Anyway, happy hunting!!
    i totally agree, that's why i bought the victor bravesword 160L for my girlfriend and she liked it because it's purple, and i put a victor overgrip which is also purple, and i strung it with bg85 in lavender, which is sorta purple. because she loves the way it looks, given that her favorite color is purple, she's been telling me how nice it feels to play with it and had forgotten how well she played when she was using my nanospeed 9000 S!!! and these two rackets are completely different. the bravesword160L is a bit head heavy with flexible shaft, the nanospeed9000S is head light with stiff shaft!!!! LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Li Ning SS88

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2