User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you haven't seen their latest match yet, check it out here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dfjrcFi7sQ

It's a quite brilliant performance by the pair. Chai Biao really played well from the net, while Hong Wei's power was evident throughout the match.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They've really improved a lot since they had paired with Fu and Cai for training purposes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For how tall they both are (CB's 183cm, and HW is 192), I find their speed and co-ordination absolutely phenomenal. The taller players I remembered like BCL, Vladimir Ivanov, and Park Sung Hwan just never had the speed they have.
    I've always though CB's been snubbed of a good partner, glad to see CB/HW having a shot at a SSP final.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Hong Wei is unbelievably quick for a guy so big. His foot speed and reflexes are pretty fast.

And he can generate a ton of power from forehand or backhand on almost no backswing. HW/CB are very dangerous in the fast-flat driving exchanges.

The power is the most amazing part of their game. When they get a lift, they win the point almost every time, maybe 80-85% of the time they win the point when they get a lift. It's almost impossible to get the shuttle past the front court player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 0ozafo0 View Post
    For how tall they both are (CB's 183cm, and HW is 192), I find their speed and co-ordination absolutely phenomenal. The taller players I remembered like BCL, Vladimir Ivanov, and Park Sung Hwan just never had the speed they have.
    I've always though CB's been snubbed of a good partner, glad to see CB/HW having a shot at a SSP final.
    actually CB is 188. im not satisfied with their performance in this MO final. they clearly can do better than that. Chai/Hong are indeed fast for their heights but it always be the disadvantage when it comes to fast flat game and defends, which exposed in today match against Goh/Lim.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This pair really inconsistence, not as good as Liu Xiao long, and Qiu Zihan. I think china should gloom the next one from World Junior championship team up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    This pair really inconsistence, not as good as Liu Xiao long, and Qiu Zihan. I think china should gloom the next one from World Junior championship team up.
    How is LXL/QZH consistent?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consistently not great?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed China has to fine tune a fair like Fu Haifeng, Cai Yun . Cai Yun is old, he got to give up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, give them credit. They beat 2 seeded pairs and 2 other good pairs in their first tournament together in months. CB has been playing with Cai Yun and HW has been playing with Fu Haifeng. So they haven't been practicing much together. On the positive side, making the final is a good result and the played very well for 4 rounds. If they can continue to improve and fine-tune, they should be fine.

On the downside, HW got incredibly nervous and made way too many mistakes. HW seems to play poorly in finals, he actually was in the MD final a week ago in Korea SS.

I'm not sure if they are actually "bad" at the flat game. In the SF they played fast-flat with endo/hayakawa and they played great. Maybe they were just too nervous in the final and they also seemed intimidated by the crowd.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They've done well. In the MO final, they would've won it if not for the home crowd support for the MAS. However they did lose countless points from soft and fast flat play, net play (which was dominated by Lim), and oftentimes from forgetting that Lim is a lefty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    They've done well. In the MO final, they would've won it if not for the home crowd support for the MAS. However they did lose countless points from soft and fast flat play, net play (which was dominated by Lim), and oftentimes from forgetting that Lim is a lefty.
    Agreed. I think they've improved quite a lot from last year and look sharper in general. Chai looks better at the net after practicing with Cai Yun and Hong is great in the back. I haven't watched the full game, just caught some highlights, but thought the crowd were incredibly intimidating =/. Both of them were making quite a bit of mistakes as well, which tends to happen with them quite abit. Also, they lost on the fast, flat driving shots, especially from the front, so it's an area they really need to look at. I also think they need to look at other game strategies, in case the opponents don't lift the shuttle much for them to smash (which was sort of what happened here). Anyway, it was a great week for them, really wanted to them to win, but perhaps next time! Nice to know that as of now, they look like the No. 1 Chinese MD pair. At least for the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Just something to add (gosh, I can't locate the edit button!).

I watched some parts of the game already and God, I thought some of the antics coming from the Malaysian pair was quite..distasteful. Especially their reactions to the Chinese players. I'm quite shocked cause I've watched them before and never knew them to be like that. I'm sure they are all pumped up from it being their first Superseries Premier final and being on homeground.. and i can understand the adrenaline and excitement.. but.. still =/

On another note, I thought Hong was incredibly nervous. In fact, in this pair, I find him to be the weaker link. His defense completely collapses under constant pressure. And again, besides his smashes which are fantastic, he probably would need to work on his other shots (net, drive etc) which are really really ineffective.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lilmizsara View Post
    ^ Just something to add (gosh, I can't locate the edit button!).

I watched some parts of the game already and God, I thought some of the antics coming from the Malaysian pair was quite..distasteful. Especially their reactions to the Chinese players. I'm quite shocked cause I've watched them before and never knew them to be like that. I'm sure they are all pumped up from it being their first Superseries Premier final and being on homeground.. and i can understand the adrenaline and excitement.. but.. still =/

On another note, I thought Hong was incredibly nervous. In fact, in this pair, I find him to be the weaker link. His defense completely collapses under constant pressure. And again, besides his smashes which are fantastic, he probably would need to work on his other shots (net, drive etc) which are really really ineffective.
    couldn't have said it better myself.

This pair has improved quite a bit from their previous showing, tho unfortunately due to their height. They're not as agile during fast exchanges and drives against the malaysian pair. If Hong Wei could work on this aspect then they could be a strong pair in China's MD line-up. Kudos to them for keeping their cool while playing in such a hostile environment.

The showboating and unnecessary taunting revealed the malaysian pair's lack of maturity and professional courtesy to the chinese pair. I can understand they're young and will continue to grow but they're no younger than CB/HW. However, I did enjoy watching the match!
    Last edited by bos_dc2; 01-21-2014 at 02:53 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always wondered why Zhang Jun is the head Men's Double's coach.

He isn't particularly successful as a MD player. And his style was just smash, smash, smash, not much of tactics. I think Cai Yun or Tian Bingyi should be the head coach. Both are far more successful and creative as players.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zhuangcorp View Post
    I always wondered why Zhang Jun is the head Men's Double's coach.

He isn't particularly successful as a MD player. And his style was just smash, smash, smash, not much of tactics. I think Cai Yun or Tian Bingyi should be the head coach. Both are far more successful and creative as players.
    good player doesnt mean good coach.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, if Zhang Jun had only been able to smash, he wouldn't have won the 2 OG Golds

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast