APACS Badminton Bag (AP2501) Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by Warlock86, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Warlock86

Warlock86 Regular Member

Hey fellow BC forumers,

I have recently purchase a AP2501 from Honly Tradings at JB. Although I prefer the black and gold combination as seen in AP2502 but Honly Tradings did not carry them. As I need a bag for my training and leisure game, I went ahead to get AP2501. Let me share with you on what's my take for this bag.

1. Side views of AP2501
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The strap provided offers a school bag or bag pack carrying style for user. So far, I feel pretty comfortable carrying the bag when I have filled the bag with racket, shoes, clothes and shuttlecocks. The black glossy surface is smooth while the APACS decals are nicely printed on the bag.

2. Top and bottom profile of AP2501
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    *Pardon me for using my feet to keep the bag upright.

[​IMG]
    Close up shot of the double shoe compartment

3. Internal compartments (dual)

[​IMG]Fitted with thermal protection inner compartment

[​IMG]
    Non thermal protection compartment

[​IMG]
    Fitted with my three usual playing racket in the thermal protection compartment

[​IMG]
    Utilization of the other compartment to keep my shuttlecocks, clothes and shoes.

[​IMG]
    Smallest compartment to keep your cards, pens, coins, wallets or small bottle.

3. My comments

Generally, the entire bag is pretty solid where it is not as filmsy like many other bags in the market. This could be attributed by the materials such as polyester and others. The handle of the bag is filled with sponge which gives a pleasant feeling while carrying with the full load of items. Furthermore, the zips found on the bag are also pretty solid where I foresee that it wouldn't break that easily.

In terms of spaciousness, I think that this bag can used to carry more than 8 rackets (by filling up both compartments with rackets). On the other hand, this bag is big enough to carry two to three rackets, shoes, extra clothing, toiletries and bottles.

Even though, I personally find that this bag is great except for a shoe compartment issue. As shown above, AP2501 has two shoe compartment but I am not able to put my Apacs CP642 shoes into the shoes compartment with ease. This often led to a situation that I have squeeze my shoes into the compartment. Therefore, I decided to use an external shoe bag to cover my shoes and keep them in one of the bigger compartments.

Nevertheless, the shoe compartments might not be useful to keep my shoes, I have decided to use these compartments to keep my dirty clothes or personal belongs like wallet, keys or phone.

Last but not least, for the price of 70RM (27.5 SGD), I can live with shoe compartment issue as AP2501 is big enough to keep all of my items (shown below). If you ever need a budget badminton with nice designs, do look out for APACS bags!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. fauci

fauci Regular Member

This is a white bag

3. Warlock86

Warlock86 Regular Member

Hey fauci, what do you mean by that?

4. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    If i am not mistaken this bag is being used by Robert Blair / Tan Bin Shen.

5. fauci

fauci Regular Member

I mean the overwhelming big apacs logos everywhere on the bag

6. Warlock86

Warlock86 Regular Member

So far, I have not seen them carrying them for their match.

I have non-related question for equipment, is there a inter-country double match for BWF competition?

7. Warlock86

Warlock86 Regular Member

Hahahaha, I agree!

8. aliceuyennguyen

aliceuyennguyen Regular Member

ITS
    oh, i got same model with black and gold, bought in AJ near MBA. Cery nice, the bag is as big as i need, can keep a lots stuff inside :D

9. Warlock86

Warlock86 Regular Member

Nice! I like the black and gold one too! However, it was not sold at Honly tradings when I was there. Mind taking some photos and post your bag in another thread? It would be great to share!

10. aliceuyennguyen

aliceuyennguyen Regular Member

ITS
    I want to sell mine - gold and black version are you interesting? quide new, like 9 or above/10.
    My friend gave me lining olympic 2012 version then now i got so many bag.
    If interesting, PM me.

11. Warlock86

Warlock86 Regular Member

Hi aliceuenguyen,

Presently, I am good with my own red AP2501. Probably, I will look for a bag pack like RLS explorer instead of another big bag. Do try your luck in the buy sell forum.

Thanks