Suggest a good racket for Tall Beginner

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jhbalaji, Mar 11, 2013.

1. jhbalaji

jhbalaji Regular Member

Student
    I am tall (6'3").
    I am beginner in Shuttle badminton. I used to play both smash and drops near net.
    Since my height is advantage i use to smash when the feather is right on to me else i will be just clearing and drop's feather at times.
    I feel ok when i am playing with Yonex MP800 but still i have not owned any good one to improve on my play.
    Can someone suggest me a better one?

Thanks and awaiting for your response!

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    if you want to get better, work on your footwork and form. learn to hit the shuttle correctly and learn to get around the court correctly. your racket will not make you a better player. for some reason i don't know what an mp800 is so i can't comment on that, but if is in fact a full carbon graphite racket, that should be good enough.

3. jhbalaji

jhbalaji Regular Member

Student
    Yeah can you suggest some good rackets then suiting my structure
    Yonex Muscle Power 800 is the racket I quoted.

4. jhbalaji

jhbalaji Regular Member

Student
    Is Voltric 5 a better on to go with??
    Someone kindly suggest!

Thank you!`

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Since you are a beginner, there won't be much difference between the different graphite racquets. I suggest you pick something affordable. As your game evolves into a particular style of play, you may well change to a different racquet. Advising you on a racquet that will suit you for the future is impossible. It's a very personal decision and the best advice is to try different racquets by borrowing off other people.

6. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

This.

I was a beginner not too long ago, though some may still argue that (lol!). You should just keep the racquet you have for now, as it is probably all you need. Practicing technique, form, and footwork will improve your play. Utilize these skills to determine what you want and what you feel comfortable doing during a game. E.g. smashing, clear/drop. This will take a while, but you will have learned where you are and what kind of equipment will suit you. As some genius said, "Don't try to be Batman if you're not Batman."