User Tag List

Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zhuangcorp View Post
    Chinese MD is suddenly on fire, first with LXL/QZH now with HW/CB.
    They still have a lot of weakness on the serve and return of serve, but if they can improve on their first 3 shots, they will be a very strong team.

But now where does this leave the other MD players, Zhang Nan, Shen Ye, Guo Zhendong? None of them have partners now.
    HW/CB didn't play all england, otherwise, they would have swept all titles

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great performance and achievement by Chinese team.

They sent 3 men's singles, they got both 1st place and 2nd place.

They sent 3 women's singles, they grabbed the title.

They sent just 1 men's double, they still grabbed the title with just 1 pair.

They sent just 1 mixed double, they got the 2nd place.

They didn't sent any women's double, because they are too dominate in this field.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zhuangcorp View Post
    Chinese MD is suddenly on fire, first with LXL/QZH now with HW/CB.
    They still have a lot of weakness on the serve and return of serve, but if they can improve on their first 3 shots, they will be a very strong team.

But now where does this leave the other MD players, Zhang Nan, Shen Ye, Guo Zhendong? None of them have partners now.
    When Hong Wei played with Shen Ye, many experts and commentators always educated people that Shen Ye was the soul of the two and pace setter of the game. They claimed that Hong Wei is nothing without Shen Ye.

When Chai Biao played with Guo Zhengdong, those experts and commentators claimed the same thing. They credited all the good things to GZD, and all the mistakes to CB.

In my opinion, both Chai Biao and Hong Wei's talents have been wasted by playing with mediocre players like GZD and SY. Without them, CB/HW will be the best in the world.

I think both GZD and SY should retire, if they played together, they would not have any chance to win.

Zhang Nan is a great player, but he was to concentrate on mixed double. The men's double is so different from mixed double. In mixed double, the man has to defense 3 quarters of the fields. To win in men's double, you have to be fast and powerful, while in mixed double, good control is the most important. Zhang Nan is very good at mixed double but lacks winning weapons in men's double.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post

They didn't sent any women's double, because they are too dominate in this field.
    What you've just stated is the blunt truth, the more so when you consider the CHN participants are all regarded as their second stringers. Not only that, the lineup of the Swiss Open isn't weak at all, the overall strength is about the level of a superseries.

Satisfying to see Wang Zengming, Wang Shixian and Chai Biao and Hong Wei shine in this tournament.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not so great from the Indian team.

They sent 4 men's singles incl a "World No 7" - none got pass round 3.

They sent 5 women's singles incl a "World No 2", all got knock out before the second round except 1 got into the SF and lost.

They sent 2 men's double, all lost before round 2.

They didn't sent any Women's or mixed doubles, presumably not high enough to get into the reserve lists.
    Last edited by AlanY; 03-17-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Hong Wei played with Shen Ye, many experts and commentators always educated people that Shen Ye was the soul of the two and pace setter of the game. They claimed that Hong Wei is nothing without Shen Ye.

When Chai Biao played with Guo Zhengdong, those experts and commentators claimed the same thing. They credited all the good things to GZD, and all the mistakes to CB.

In my opinion, both Chai Biao and Hong Wei's talents have been wasted by playing with mediocre players like GZD and SY. Without them, CB/HW will be the best in the world.

I think both GZD and SY should retire, if they played together, they would not have any chance to win.

Zhang Nan is a great player, but he was to concentrate on mixed double. The men's double is so different from mixed double. In mixed double, the man has to defense 3 quarters of the fields. To win in men's double, you have to be fast and powerful, while in mixed double, good control is the most important. Zhang Nan is very good at mixed double but lacks winning weapons in men's double.
    I agree with you. The TV commentators always said they thought Hong Wei was weaker then Shen Ye. I was watching them play and thinking "What is the commentator talking about? Shen Ye brings nothing and Hong Wei wins all the points". GC and the Danish coach always felt Shen Ye was better, but it made no sense to me what they were watching.

Zhang Nan no doubt is an outstanding mixed double player. But I haven't given up on him for MD. If he can find the right parter, i think Zhang Nan still is a top level MD player. Maybe Zhang Nan should play with Liu Cheng.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    What you've just stated is the blunt truth, the more so when you consider the CHN participants are all regarded as their second stringers. Not only that, the lineup of the Swiss Open isn't weak at all, the overall strength is about the level of a superseries.

Satisfying to see Wang Zengming, Wang Shixian and Chai Biao and Hong Wei shine in this tournament.
    I was written down "2nd stringers" in draft, then erased that.

think again, it's not polite to call anyone '2nd stringers' especially they are probably not.

in men's double, Chai Biao / Hong Wei should be the best not only inside China team, but also in the world. That's the main reason I stroked out "2nd stringers"

In men's singles, WZM should be at the same level as CL, unfortunately, WZM has not showed his full at international tournaments.

In women's singles, Intanon has been extremely strong in China club competitions, Lu Lan is strong too. Unfortunately, WSX, LXR, WYH are not.

In mixed double, neither Zhang Nan/Zhao YL, nor Xu Chen/Ma Jin have been solid in China club competitions, both of them lost a lot to local provincial pairs. Saying that, Zhang Nan / Tang JH should be one of the best now China national team can offer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rats, on a cold winter's day in March, May has not arrived yet .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off topic, but still on Switzerland, Christian Roux has some incredibly amazing videos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is definitely not the WSX we know, today and yesterday, marvellous.
    A stupendous performance by Wang Shixian, I never thought I would be saying this of her, I'm stunned.
    We've just witnessed a new,resurgent Wang Shixian, with an addition - her smash. She damn well has her inner belief and self-confidence back from now on. The ROW, watch out.
    Is this the WSX Ver.2.0 ???
    Still to early to say.

However, despite all the critics given to her, mostly from her fans, her hard work (for so long!!!) come together with self belief in order to prove herself that she is not finished yet, has led her to a new hope for the better future.

Congrats to WSX for the title !!!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If LXR can win back-to-back titles a number of times, I'd like to think so can Intanon.
    No i don't think. Intanon flags in the final of one really tough tournament never mind 2 in a row. LXR thanks obviously to the amazing china training programs, can do 2 tournaments winning no problem, different class of conditioning.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post

They sent 5 women's singles incl a "World No 2", all got knock out before the second round except 1 got into the SF and lost.

They didn't sent any Women's or mixed doubles, presumably not high enough to get into the reserve lists.
    Give a break. Don't be so so happy for what chinese(badminton superpowers) have done in Swiss Open 2013 . Nevermind to remember about what happened in All England(Women's singles never crossed quarterfinals of ALL ENGLAND history). Indians are doing extremely well nowadays. Its a matter of time , definitely they will come up soon .

Badminton is not at all a enthusiastic sport in India. I am happy with the way indians are playing nowadays.

Our world No '2' ranked player never disappointed us by reaching either quarters or semifinals in the tournaments which were held in 2013. But World No '1' and world '3' both the WS players from China knocked out of the tournaments in the first round itself (Don't need to mention the name of the tournament) . SO, With the background we have in badminton, we are proud now that we are proving ourselves .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, don't you have anything better to do than bait people to react?
    Its people like you that cause all the trouble in the forum and cause threads to end up as China vs. ROW arguments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that Chinese WS no 1 and chinese WS no 2 were knock out in the the first round at All England is very odd and never happened before. It is pretty obvious that the result was planned before the tournament by head coach LYB but I am uncertain why LYB did this.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Give a break. Don't be so so happy for what chinese(badminton superpowers) have done in Swiss Open 2013 . Nevermind to remember about what happened in All England(Women's singles never crossed quarterfinals of ALL ENGLAND history). Indians are doing extremely well nowadays. Its a matter of time , definitely they will come up soon .

Badminton is not at all a enthusiastic sport in India. I am happy with the way indians are playing nowadays.

Our world No '2' ranked player never disappointed us by reaching either quarters or semifinals in the tournaments which were held in 2013. But World No '1' and world '3' both the WS players from China knocked out of the tournaments in the first round itself (Don't need to mention the name of the tournament) . SO, With the background we have in badminton, we are proud now that we are proving ourselves .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    Seriously, don't you have anything better to do than bait people to react?
    Its people like you that cause all the trouble in the forum and cause threads to end up as China vs. ROW arguments.
    I find that it is quite OK to post that. It is fact anyway. But I agree that the intention is to bait some people to react.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jkkwongnz View Post
    The fact that Chinese WS no 1 and chinese WS no 2 were knock out in the the first round at All England is very odd and never happened before. It is pretty obvious that the result was planned before the tournament by head coach LYB but I am uncertain why LYB did this.
    Very sad for the sport but I have to agree with you on this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't know why you put that comment. Its not very often we see indian winners much less multiple winners.... India has miles to go to achieve that... Its not been a good tournament for india but India is surely improving in badminton....we have two top 10 players now, and are being featuring in QF and SF of most of the tournaments without even SN's help. So don't ridicule unnecessarily.

Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast