Who holds the record of hitting the shuttle the furthest???

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by latecomer, Mar 12, 2013.

1. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Does this record exists? If not , how far you think you can hit and how far you actually can hit. It is my second year in badminton (once per week), I try to hit as hard as I could and my best is still less than 44 feet. What is the % of players can hit longer than 44 feet. Please drop a line or two. Thanks

2. phili

phili Regular Member

The percentage should be rather high since this is a shot from baseline to baseline. Are we talking about overheads oder underhand strokes?

3. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    overhead shot, under hand shots, line drive,

4. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Well I don't hold this record, that's for sure. I'm a useless shuttle-speed tester since I don't get similar hits on them. Someone who does it better is Juliane Schenk. Once, during the warm-up for one of her matches she found the shuttles too fast. She told the umpire politely that she wanted to speed-test the shuttles. Wanting to prove her point, of course she blasted the shuttle as hard as she could. It made an impressive sound off her racket and flew maybe 10 centimeters beyond the baseline. (I couldn't get it to the baseline even if I wanted to)
    She then got another tube of shuttles, a slower sort. She gave that one a softer hit, and it landed about where they're supposed to land. And so the shuttles were changed and Juliane was satisfied. If she won the match, I don't remember. :)

5. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

[MENTION=102568]latecomer[/MENTION], The shuttles for this would need to be highly regulated. Makes me think what the regulations for the shuttle were in the fastest smash record by TBH. I bet they used the fastest most on the limit of legal shuttles.
    [MENTION=32522]vixter[/MENTION] Yes indeed @ 15:30
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo-z9YcX_Y4

JS lost this match in the.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the lack of response probably tells us that this metric isn't very interesting. the speed of the shuttle is regulated in such a way that it reaches terminal velocity very quickly and the difference in distance is relatively small and uninteresting.

7. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    In this case, Kwun, please close or remove this thread.

8. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Cool, this was actually another occasion! In the match I saw, she did it in the warm-up. Might have been in the Bitburger Open this year. This one was nice to watch too. Juliane owning the umpire. :D