Inter-club Competition (Acton Area, West London)

Discussion in 'UK' started by engelhard, Mar 14, 2013.

1. engelhard

engelhard New Member

Business Development Manager
    Hi

I run a club in Acton (Shuttles) which is of intermediate standard.

It would be nice to organise some games between ourselves and neighbouring clubs be they in acton, ealing, hounslow etc.

My thought is that it could be our best men's pair, best women's pair and best mixed pair playing the same in another club (one time at our venue and another at their's).

Would be keen to hear of any interest or learn of key contacts in relevant clubs.

Best

2. mindfields

mindfields Regular Member

Hey just did a google & saw that your the Fri night club at Twyfords?
    Are you guys still playing with Plastics though?

If you guys are willing to play feathers I think our club GSK @ Hounslow Dome could be up for a friendly during the summer months outside the match season. Something like a Hybrid format that the Hillingdon league play.

S

3. engelhard

engelhard New Member

Business Development Manager
    Hi

Yes still playing with plastics - though I'd love to play with feathers. That said I'm sure the club's best would be more than happy to play with feathers for a friendly (I have tried to push the club but these things take time). And the club would be more than happy to buy a tube for the match(s).

Most likely that I'll not be in the league since there are others who have a far better game. Will aim to be a Cheer Leader complete with pompoms.

Noticed the GSK bit so hoping that any performance will not be drug-enhanced.

Not sure what the accepted protocol is on such forums eg do I supply my email?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Gabriel