Toronto Area Badminton League?

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by curtis, Nov 8, 2003.

1. curtis

curtis Regular Member

Just wondering if there's such a thing that plays regularly? If not, anyone else interested in getting something like this going in Toronto?

2. ronjonb

ronjonb Regular Member

n/a
    Sounds like a great idea. I'll help set something up if anyone else is interested. I'm from the UK and we used to have loads of local leagues. Here's an idea of what we used to do.

Each club that wishes to play registers with the league just before the season, and states the number of teams they have. Each club has a member in the league comittee. There were many leagues with a number of divisions ie 1st divison 2nd division etc, with around 6 teams in each division. Each team would play home and away. We had the following types of format.

Mixed League - each team has an A pair of mixed, a B and a C. All 3 pairs play the other teams, so you have a total number of 9 games best of 3. Then you add your points to the league board ie 9-0 the winning team gets 9 points. You also need to record games for and against just in case there is a tie.

Mens/Ladies League - each team has an A, B and C pair of mens/ladies. Format the same as above.

Mixed - each team has an A, B, C, D man and an A, B, C D lady. A man plays with A lady against the other teams A man and A lady, B, C and D do the same. Then A man plays with B man against the other teams A and B man, then C and D man play the other teams C and D man. The ladies do the same. Total of 8 games, 2 points on the league for a win, 1 point for a draw.

3. blahz

blahz Regular Member

Student, in need of a job, anyone hiring? =P
    sounds interesting ^^ too bad I'm not part of any clubs

4. bboy

bboy Regular Member

university
    why don't you just organize a tournament circuit in TO? like have players register and such and list all the tourney's in the GTA and set up a point system. LOL...that would be great fun :D

5. curtis

curtis Regular Member

Anyone interested in helping set something up, PM me and try and get something going!

6. ronjonb

ronjonb Regular Member

n/a
    Hey there I'd be interested.