Need some advice on stringing machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by sAmurai86, Mar 16, 2013.

1. sAmurai86

sAmurai86 Regular Member

Hi guys,

I'm playing with the thought to get myself a stringing machine. This would be my first machine, so I really have not a good idea of what machines to look out for or how the stringing process is working.

So I've read the sticky thread about the matter a few times now (http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...you-re-thinking-of-buying-a-stringing-machine) but I still don't understand something:

There is this term "constant pull" which I'm not quite sure what to make of. So the guide says that "constant pull" means that the machine pulls as long as I say "ok you can stop pulling now". But I've read at some shops and from some guys at my local badminton club, that "constant pull" means that the tensioning arm of a machine pulls with the same force, no matter of its angle. Which means that if you have a machine which is not "constant pull" that you have to adjust the arm and what not, that if you release the arm it is ALWAYS horizontal or the weight will not be the one specified.

So my question is: Which one of those things is true or maybe even both? And if the second thing is true: Does it really hurt that much if I have to re-adjust the arm all the time or is it just a matter of practice to get it right?

Maybe a third question: How can I tell if a machine is "constant pull" if the description doesn't state it? For example the Tyger StringProfi 52?

Thanks in advance and sorry if those are really stupid questions, but I have no clue about stringing whatsoever ;D

2. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

The ability to "constant pull" depends on the tensioning mechanism of your stringing machine. The tensioning mechanism can be drop weight, crank and electronic.

Drop weights are constant pull. Cranks are not. For decent electronic machines, you can choose to enable/disable "constant pull" feature.

For the specific model you mentioned, it is a drop weight machine therefore it is constant pull.

Cheers

3. sAmurai86

sAmurai86 Regular Member

Ok thanks, I think I just misunderstood the term.