yonex voltric 80 vs victor meteor x jjs

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by romanlovett, Mar 17, 2013.

1. romanlovett

romanlovett Regular Member

Am looking to get a new racket! Either of the two above are on the top of the list! What are the main differences between them, and how they play!

2. lks332

lks332 Regular Member

I've owned both....really depends on your preferences in characteristics. In terms of head heaviness the VT80 feels heavier than the MX-JJS, stiffness wise i would say the MX-JJS is slightly stiffer. I'm not sure about your preference but i personally prefer head heavy rackets, hence the Vt80 plays better for me....the MX-JJS however, feels more well rounded to me....balance and stiffness were just nice compared to the VT80 which can be unwieldy for some due to its head heaviness....

If you are like me who prefers more extreme characteristics like head heaviness then the VT80 will play well for you, other than that the MX-JJS will play well if you prefer a more moderate balance...

If i were you i'd borrow each racket and give it a shootout on the courts, then you would know which suits you best....

Hope this helped!

3. romanlovett

romanlovett Regular Member

Cool thanks! I live in London (uk) Its hard to borrow/test rackets before hand! I am a little suprised that the jjs is a little more stiff than the vt80!

4. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

I have both as well and agree that the JJS is stiffer. In fact to me it feels much more stiffer.
    JJS has lots of power but I could not manoeuvre it as well as the Vt-80.
    Also I was having some timing issues with it that I don't often have with the Vt-80.
    I have recently acquired the Thruster K8000 and I like it better than the Vt-80 and JJS.

5. Chien

Chien Regular Member

Hello just want to know if you are comparing both in 3u? Is the mx jjs 3u anything like vt80 4u or lighter? I'm hoping to get something more maneuverable. Is mxjjs 4u better for doubles?

6. Benito

Benito Regular Member

I own V80 3U, 4U and MX JJS 3U and even V80 4U feels head heavier than MX JJS 3U. MX JJS is relatively even balanced and light. I also think it is stiffer than V80 (maybe it's due to the fact that it is less head heavy). Personnally, I prefer the V80 4U to play doubles.

7. Chien

Chien Regular Member

Cheers bro i'd know what to do now. Thanks for sharing!

8. Casualbaddy

Casualbaddy New Member

IT
    Had a V80 3U, that got cracked and then brought a MX80 (Assume MXJJS is just a different colour scheme), so far liking the MX80 very much. a lot more lighter than the V80. much better for playing doubles.

9. amleto

amleto Regular Member

I think you mean 'bought'. and the JJS is not just a repaint of the mx80.