lining n70-II vs yonex arcsaber z-slash

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by plus-minus, Mar 20, 2013.

1. plus-minus

plus-minus Regular Member

Student
    Hello guys,
    Can you compare the two rackets for me pls ? I am owning a N-70II and play with it since half a year. It has good power on clear and smash but sometimes i feel like it is too head heavy. Like once i played with the n90I of a friend and i think i was much more at ease with the weight of this one. But it is too stiff for me so i am actually looking for something with same stiffness as my n70II (as the z slash for instance :p) but less head heavy, same power. But i don't know much about the z-slash and i like everything about my n70-ii except that this is a little bit too head heavy.
    Thanks

2. renbo

renbo Regular Member

You can stay with Li-ning and try either the n36 or n55 or n80. They all are mid flex and have a balance point of about 295. The n70 have a bp of 300

3. plus-minus

Student
    Thanks for your answer.
    In fact i would like to switch to yonex because i think lining rackets annouced mid flex are just flex, and the n90II is really stiff lol
    That's why i called for the z-slash, which i think would be a great option though i don't know the bp of the racket (that's why im asking ^^) and because the z-slash announced stiff is according to reviews more lie mid flex because of the shaft

4. renbo

renbo Regular Member

The z slash must have a bp of 290-295. I have the Arc 8dx and its bp is around 290. The z slash is a bit more head heavy. You,can also consider arc 10 and 11, they all have similar bp.
    But around this bp you can also find a lot of Victor racquet. The MX-60, bravesword 12 and superwave 37 all have bp around 295 and a mid flex staff.

5. plus-minus

Student
    They don't sell any as10 in Paris :( and there are no one who sells victor here (in fact there's one but he is an a*s and what he sells is overpriced (like mx70 for 210€)
    I'll check in the store for the 8dx and the z slash ^^

6. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I see. I am surprised you can't find the arc 10. Even on websites?
    besides, the arc 8dx is stiff. If you are looking for something a little flex, the z slash would be more appropriate.

7. plus-minus

Student
    Well they stopped the production of arc 10 like a week ago so... I think there are websites that sell this one but it is their last ones and i'd prefer to have 2 arc 11 / z slash if i like them than 3 differents racket lol. Im gonna check the arc 11 and the z slash but some friends of mine told me that the z slash was a little bit uncomfortable so i'm about to buy an as11 i think, plus it's a new one so it really teases me hahaha

8. plus-minus

Student
    So i actually bought an arcsaber Z-Slash today.
    I was looking for a racket with more speed than my lining, i'll receive it wednesday !
    It will be strung with bg66 ultimax 11kg. But i'll be able to play with it just saturday :(
    Nevermind lol I'll get you a review of how i feel with this racket :)