stringing question1

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by james, Nov 10, 2003.

1. james

james New Member

student
    can anyone tell me whether it's better to restring a oval head racket with 2 knots or 4 knots bearing in mind im using high tension(28-30)! Does the tension hold better with 2 or 4 knots and also which is the faster way of stringing! thanks

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    use the search function; it has been discussed before.

3. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    2 or 4 knots: personal preference
    tension holds better: personal preference
    fastest way of stringing: depends on your skills

All of the questions you asked are not relevant to any of the outside information but one's skills and knowledge. Some people only like 4 knots and some only like 2 knots. Some people do it quicker in 2 knots and some people do it quicker in 4 knots.
    Tension holding is very hard to say, and there are too many factors in it. (the frequency you use the racket, temp, humidity,......)

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If using 2 point drop weight machine, very hard to use 2-knots method. Also, 2 knots method tend to save up a little bit more string.

5. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Regular Member

Personally, I find that with 1 piece stringing the outer mains, on each side, end up at different tensions.
    I have tried adding 2 lbs extra to the last mains before tie off, but it still ends up slacker than the other side which goes on to string the crosses.

I also have a clamp down style of machine with fixed clamps and have difficulty with clamping the final cross at the top of the racket, due to lack of space.

For the above 2 reasons, I have swayed towards the 2 piece method and stringing the crosses from head to throat.