Struggle to find a new predecessor for my 3 years Apacs Tantrum 200.. Seek 4 advice

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by stanley984, Mar 23, 2013.

1. stanley984

stanley984 Regular Member

IT Engineer
    I been always wanted to have a new racket but never been able to determine the right one to enhanced my performances to another level.

Let me start off with a little reason why i get my Apacs Tantrum 200 after i decided to resume my badminton career almost 10 years. Again, Malaysia LCW influences was badly circulated across the country nevertheless i'm none any but the big fans of Wong Chong Han, Lee Chong Wei since my kid days.

I spent sometimes reading across badminton forum in those days and after so many recommendation about pro and con i decided to get the Apacs Tantrum 200 but i didn't have a good start consider after resumed back almost 4 years. My footstep skill were still well familiarize, and i prefer continuously jumping smash but my friends keep saying i generate more powerful smash while standing .. (* i know this definitely is my technique concerns as i can't accelerate well my body concentration and swing direction.)

What concerns me most about getting a new racket was, i can't find a suitable racket that fit my play. I was actually shock when i get to know that i been holding a racket that weight almost 92g in the past 4 years with Tantrum 200. I do said that the weight does build some energy within my arm and wrist, but then i felt i could have even produce a better play with a light weight racket given a much faster swing but i worried the light racket may not generate the powerful smash out like the tantrum 200 ( i strung BG 85 ).

I do often get injured with my arm especially, probably i don't use my wrist to smash instead my arm guessed. :crying: which i know is not a right way but i kinda get used due my weak strength. FYI, My weight around 57KG only but height at 173.

I've played most in double games, quick and fast attacks which i'm favor to. Hence, i do really appreciate if some badminton central forumer's may shed some light to me as i buying my 3rd racket in my whole life. I rarely buying racket like others :p because i don't feel good in abandon them once having a new one.

Once a new one come i will keep my Tantrum 200 as a backup for training in weight, but a new racket definitely will be my competition first choice weapon. Been won 2 competition since my cameo.. still seek for more and better!:D

Now watching Axiata Cup from Youtube :pEACE: Appreciate in advanced for all your contribution toward my comments.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Price range?

Is that 92g with
    string and overgrip?

3. stanley984

stanley984 Regular Member

IT Engineer
    i thin it could possibly around 90g without string and overgrip, so with was around 92g, i don't really weight them in actual but just assuming. Well, price as long it don't goes too pricey like Yonex VTZF which cost me about RM650 in Malaysia.

Correct me if i'm wrong a fast swing racket would have be having a power smash racket both criteria at the same right?