Bicep injury

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by samir12, Mar 23, 2013.

1. samir12

samir12 Regular Member

Hi, I have an injury on my bicep, not a serious one but I do feel a bit of a pain if I supinate and pronate my arm. I stopped playing badminton and the bicep is getting better (pain is reducing) but I just want to know of any good rehabilitation exercise to prevent this from happening again.

2. NOLE.LUCKY

NOLE.LUCKY Regular Member

I had the same problem. But it went away on its own and i never stopped playing. I think the pain is due to the stiffness of your raquet. What i did was just try to play through the pain and get my arm accustomed to the stiffness of the racquet shaft.

3. samir12

samir12 Regular Member

My racket is flexible, so I don't think that's the problem. The pain did go away for some time but after playing badminton today, it came back, should I stop playing ?

4. NOLE.LUCKY

NOLE.LUCKY Regular Member

I see. How long have you been playing badminton for? If you are relatively new to the techniques and are not very flexible, then i think it is just your body getting used to the new motion. And do you warm up enough? I hope you just do not start smashing hard as soon as you step on the court. Oh well, im no substitute for a doc, so better consult your physician. Good luck

5. samir12

samir12 Regular Member

Ive been playing for 3 years but Ive been using the flick wrist technique, I've only started using the pronation technique a couple of months ago, Ill have a visit to the doctor to check if it isnt anything serious.

6. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Does your bicep truly hurt with supination and pronation?

The bicep does help supinate, but does virtually nothing for pronation. (put your other hand on your bicep and you will feel it tighten with supination and loosen with pronation).

And of course the bicep flexes the elbow. Does that motion hurt, as well?

The answer to these questions might help clarify your problem a bit.

7. samir12

samir12 Regular Member

Yh I guess its when I turn my elbow and extend it, I feel a but if pain on my bicep.

8. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Turn your elbow how? Presumably supinating.
    There is more to your arm and forearm than just the bicep. It's too hard to figure these things out on an online forum. If rest isn't helping, definitely get someone to examine you. Best o' luck.:)

9. visor

visor Regular Member

So where exactlydoes it hurt again? ;)

arnold-biceps.jpg