Results 1 to 17 of 21
Thread: Pro Speed Alien Rackets
03-24-2013, 06:37 AM #1
Pro Speed Alien Rackets
Hi Just wondered has anyone tried these rackets, they look pretty decent I am a big smasher and do not like head heavy rackets . Is there an pro speed alien that might suit my game ? .All replies greatly appreciated.
03-28-2013, 12:20 AM #2
I recently bought ProSpeed Alien V1 string with BG66UM. I play double most of the time. It's a balanced racket suitable for smash and defense. All the way around I have improved my game. Satisfy with this racket performance.
Maybe you can try Alien V1 or V4. It's a cheap racket. Worth trying.
03-28-2013, 04:46 AM #3
Thanks for the info !
03-28-2013, 12:52 PM #4
03-28-2013, 08:32 PM #5
03-28-2013, 09:45 PM #6
lol 80% SW35 20% VT70
ucantseeme liked this post
03-28-2013, 10:04 PM #7
03-28-2013, 10:06 PM #8
^the paint job
03-30-2013, 08:32 PM #9
08-22-2013, 05:09 AM #10
09-25-2013, 04:20 PM #11
what does anyone think of the newer models? I'm interested in them.
09-25-2013, 04:52 PM #12
09-25-2013, 09:34 PM #13
My friend has tried Quantum Energy & Samurai.
Quantum Energy is good racket. But his Samurai cracked due to mishit only at 27lbs.
I recently strung my Prospeed Alien V1 at 28x30lbs with Victor VS-850. So far still survive.
09-25-2013, 10:07 PM #14
Can you please give a more extensive review on the Quantum Energy then? And the Alien V1? I'm really interested in these rackets and want to know if they're any good. Have you tried their zig-zag racket? that looks pretty cool. How long did it take for you to receive them? Were the strings you acquired with the racket any good? Was the grip they provided good? Overall, would you please discuss your overall customer experience? THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS!
09-26-2013, 12:45 AM #15
Sorry I don't know how to comprehensively review racket. It's just my feel and experience using it.
I don't know much about Quantum Energy because it's my friend's racket. He recommended to me. But I have not try.
I just have ALIEN V1 which is a balance racket. But for those who like light racket they should use ALIEN v2 or v5 for faster swing. I am comfortably execute baseline to baseline stroke and backhand as well as execute power smash. Strung with BG66UM at 26lbs.
But recently I change the string to Victor VS850 at 28x30lbs, I have difficulty to defend. Not sure because of the racket or string.
09-26-2013, 01:18 AM #16
OK, well thank you for taking your time to tell me about the racket and answering my question!
10-26-2013, 02:13 AM #17
I have both Samurai and Quantum Energy mentioned in this thread. Prospeed launched 5 models in 2013 (although they actually developed 6 models). Samurai and Quantum Energy are two of them (the other three are Pegasus, Trueno Zigzag and Ugly Axe). Whether they are good rackets or not really depends on your playing style.
Between Samurai and Quantum Energy,
- if you have a VERY STRONG arm and muscle then you might try Samurai as, in my opinion, it is the most head-heavy racket among the 2013-models. (I actually feel I was using a tennis racket when playing with Samurai... okay for just training muscle but I would definitely not use for regular playing as otherwise I would get sport injury).
- Otherwise I recommend you go with Quantum Energy as this will give you more maneuverability / speed than Samurai.
Since other model such Zigzag is also mentioned, below are some short info on the other models for your ref:
1. Trueno Zigzag is IMHO the most balanced racket among the 2013 models, and this is currently one of my favorite rackets. As you may have known, it has a very interesting design which the placement of hole on the frame is arranged in a zig zag format, and Prospeed think that this placement would provide a stable frame bed and reduce torsion to a greater extend.
2. If you want slightly more power without killing too much maneuverability then you might like Ugly Axe. Along with Trueno Zigzag this is currently one of my two favorite rackets.
3. If you ask me which one would be of the highest maneuverability / lightest among the 5 (6) models, I would say Pegasus. It would be very suitable for players with deceptive playing style.
4. Prospeed actually initially developed 6 models rather than 5 but for some reason at the end of the day they decided not to launch it (which is why you will never see it). This is Razor Blade and just FYI I felt this is more head-heavy than Ugly Axe but somewhat head-light comparing with Samurai.
5. In my opinion,
- in terms of maneuverability I would rank these 5 (6) models: Pegasus > Quantum Energy > Trueno Zigzag > Ugly Axe > (Razor Blade) > Samurai
- in terms of head-weight I would rank them: Samurai >> (Razor Blade) > Ugly Axe > Trueno Zigzag > Quantum Energy > Pegasus