Pro Speed Alien Rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Big Smash Jim, Mar 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Big Smash Jim

Big Smash Jim Regular Member

self employed handyman
    Hi Just wondered has anyone tried these rackets, they look pretty decent I am a big smasher and do not like head heavy rackets . Is there an pro speed alien that might suit my game ? .All replies greatly appreciated.

2. falcao12

falcao12 Regular Member

I recently bought ProSpeed Alien V1 string with BG66UM. I play double most of the time. It's a balanced racket suitable for smash and defense. All the way around I have improved my game. Satisfy with this racket performance.

Maybe you can try Alien V1 or V4. It's a cheap racket. Worth trying.

3. Big Smash Jim

Big Smash Jim Regular Member

self employed handyman
    Thanks for the info !

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    pics??????????

5. falcao12

falcao12 Regular Member

6. blableblibloblu

blableblibloblu Regular Member

student
    lol 80% SW35 20% VT70

7. falcao12

falcao12 Regular Member

??? Could you please explain :)

8. blableblibloblu

blableblibloblu Regular Member

student
    ^the paint job

9. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
  10. falcao12

falcao12 Regular Member

11. esa490

esa490 Regular Member

what does anyone think of the newer models? I'm interested in them.

12. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    lol.. the paint job is kinda obvious that they are copying another brand's model

13. falcao12

falcao12 Regular Member

My friend has tried Quantum Energy & Samurai.

Quantum Energy is good racket. But his Samurai cracked due to mishit only at 27lbs.

I recently strung my Prospeed Alien V1 at 28x30lbs with Victor VS-850. So far still survive.

14. esa490

esa490 Regular Member

Can you please give a more extensive review on the Quantum Energy then? And the Alien V1? I'm really interested in these rackets and want to know if they're any good. Have you tried their zig-zag racket? that looks pretty cool. How long did it take for you to receive them? Were the strings you acquired with the racket any good? Was the grip they provided good? Overall, would you please discuss your overall customer experience? THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS!

15. falcao12

falcao12 Regular Member

Sorry I don't know how to comprehensively review racket. It's just my feel and experience using it.

I don't know much about Quantum Energy because it's my friend's racket. He recommended to me. But I have not try.

I just have ALIEN V1 which is a balance racket. But for those who like light racket they should use ALIEN v2 or v5 for faster swing. I am comfortably execute baseline to baseline stroke and backhand as well as execute power smash. Strung with BG66UM at 26lbs.

But recently I change the string to Victor VS850 at 28x30lbs, I have difficulty to defend. Not sure because of the racket or string.

16. esa490

esa490 Regular Member

OK, well thank you for taking your time to tell me about the racket and answering my question!

17. semin

semin Regular Member

I have both Samurai and Quantum Energy mentioned in this thread. Prospeed launched 5 models in 2013 (although they actually developed 6 models). Samurai and Quantum Energy are two of them (the other three are Pegasus, Trueno Zigzag and Ugly Axe). Whether they are good rackets or not really depends on your playing style.

Between Samurai and Quantum Energy,

- if you have a VERY STRONG arm and muscle then you might try Samurai as, in my opinion, it is the most head-heavy racket among the 2013-models. (I actually feel I was using a tennis racket when playing with Samurai... okay for just training muscle but I would definitely not use for regular playing as otherwise I would get sport injury).

- Otherwise I recommend you go with Quantum Energy as this will give you more maneuverability / speed than Samurai.

Since other model such Zigzag is also mentioned, below are some short info on the other models for your ref:

1. Trueno Zigzag is IMHO the most balanced racket among the 2013 models, and this is currently one of my favorite rackets. As you may have known, it has a very interesting design which the placement of hole on the frame is arranged in a zig zag format, and Prospeed think that this placement would provide a stable frame bed and reduce torsion to a greater extend.

2. If you want slightly more power without killing too much maneuverability then you might like Ugly Axe. Along with Trueno Zigzag this is currently one of my two favorite rackets.

3. If you ask me which one would be of the highest maneuverability / lightest among the 5 (6) models, I would say Pegasus. It would be very suitable for players with deceptive playing style.

4. Prospeed actually initially developed 6 models rather than 5 but for some reason at the end of the day they decided not to launch it (which is why you will never see it). This is Razor Blade and just FYI I felt this is more head-heavy than Ugly Axe but somewhat head-light comparing with Samurai.

5. In my opinion,

- in terms of maneuverability I would rank these 5 (6) models: Pegasus > Quantum Energy > Trueno Zigzag > Ugly Axe > (Razor Blade) > Samurai

- in terms of head-weight I would rank them: Samurai >> (Razor Blade) > Ugly Axe > Trueno Zigzag > Quantum Energy > Pegasus

18. falcao12

falcao12 Regular Member

Great! Can you expand your review by telling us the shot experience i.e. rear court shot, net play, drive, smash etc

At what string tension you set your racket?

I'm interested to Quantum Energy. Any comparison to yonex or victor racket?

19. semin

semin Regular Member

It would take awhile to write a detailed review as my current main racket is Trueno ZigZag and rarely use other relatively head-light models i.e. Quantum Energy and Pegasus, so will need to spend some time to get used to them before I write review on them or otherwise the review could be biased.

I consider myself a driveman with also a preference on smash, but I am not good at net/deceptive play. When I use Quantum Energy and Pegasus I felt slightly faster but also felt somewhat powerless, which again is probably because I am used to more balanced models i.e. Trueno ZigZag. I also felt the shaft for Quantum Energy is somewhat stiffer than Trueno ZigZag.

All 5 (6) models were already strung at 26lbs when I bought them from Prospeed. According to them amateur players in Malaysia never played lower than that (but I am not sure about this). The tension works fine to me with these rackets so far.

Unfortunately I haven't had much experience on other rackets. The history of my rackets since I started to play badminton has been:

• Kawasaki KB-17 (frame cracked)
    • Snauwaert 11 Full Comp (frame cracked)
    • Yonex Carbonex8 Tour (frame cracked)

• Prospeed Trueno Zigzag (main)
    • Prospeed Ugly Axe (shaft broken)
    • Prospeed Razor Blade (shaft broken)
    • Prospeed Quantum Energy (spare)
    • Prospeed Pegasus (spare)
    • Prospeed Samurai (training only)

I haven't got any chance to come across with Victor here in NZ (at least not in our small town).

20. esa490

esa490 Regular Member

Thank you for responding to this thread semin, would you say that it is worth it to buy all five of the models in one go? Also, how was prospeed's customer service? Was the string they came with good? How about their grips? Overall, how was the experience shopping with them. I don't really have that much cash but the rackets seem to be pretty nice. Once again, thank you so much for responding to these threads and questions I have had about prospeed. Do you also think that there rackets are comparable to yonex/victor/li-ning (just reputable brand) rackets?