User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 18 to 29 of 29
  1. #18
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i like her from the movie Lust, Caution....
    too bad she didnt make into top flight of badminton..

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,786
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    Let me clarify this:

    In China, athletes are classified into 5 levels:

    1) world - class master: World top 3 (team players in Thomas cup, Uber Cup, Sudirman cup, individuals in Olympics and World championships)

    2) master: all players: in Thomas cup, Uber Cup, Sudirman cup;and Olympics and World championships. Top 4 for national games (junior level included)

    3) level 1 athlete: top 16 in national games (team and individuals).

    4) level 2 athlete: top 16 in provincial and city games (team and individuals)..

    5) level 3 athlete: top 16 in county games (team and individuals)..

    Be aware of that none of the super series or super series premier counts!

    All these titles are valid for only 3 years. Tang Wei was once a level 2 athlete which means she's a competitor at province or city level.

    Tang Wei's wages for different jobs:

    First job: Movie "luster, caution" actress #1, winner for the best actress at Golden horse awards, winner for the best rising star at British academy film awards. Only got $80,000

    2nd job: $1,000,000 for a Chinese TV commercial ads. She returned 83% back.

    then prosecuted for staring in Movie "luster, caution", she fled to UK, began to coach badminton:

    art performance on streets in UK (like a beggar): ₤26.55/2 hours

    badminton coach in UK: ₤60/hour, got ₤900 a week.

    fashion model in UK: ₤20,000 a week.

    then moved to Hong Kong ...

    check all the jobs of Tang Wei, a badminton coach is paid only better than a beggar.

    thanks, excellent stuff. I found the professional classification in Chinese.

    http://badminton.sport.org.cn/home/x...-01/14814.html

    http://baike.baidu.com/view/290883.htm

    there is also an amateur classification..

    http://big5.china.com/gate/big5/dpin.../10553494.html

    apparently, you must "embrace the Communist Party of China"!!!!
    Last edited by pcll99; 03-24-2013 at 09:40 PM.

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    14,345
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    thanks, excellent stuff. I found the professional classification in Chinese.

    http://badminton.sport.org.cn/home/x...-01/14814.html

    http://baike.baidu.com/view/290883.htm

    there is also an amateur classification..

    http://big5.china.com/gate/big5/dpin.../10553494.html

    apparently, you must "embrace the Communist Party of China"!!!!
    Based on the article you linked at badminton.sport.org.cn, it is stated that a top 3 placing in the BWF annual World Superseries Finals do count for the world-class (international) master level, whereas the rest of the PSS/SS are excluded.

    For the master level(I'm referring to 2cents' translation), just one class below, a top 3 placing in any of the BWF 4-star and above series which I believe refer to all the Superseries both PSS and normal SS are counted. The Asian Games and,surprisingly, the Asia Badminton Championships are also included, with top 3 placing for the team event and top 6 for the individuals( whether singles or doubles). CMIIW.

    For Tang Wei's Level 2 Athlete certification, the criteria are any one of the following:-
    1) At the National Junior Championships,a Group A singles or (mixed)doubles placing of 5th to 8th , a Group B singles placing of 3rd to 6th;
    2) At National Juvenile (young boys and girls) tournament, for Boys U16 and Girls U15, a placing of 2nd to 6th in singles;
    3) At various provincial,autonomous regions and municipalities tournaments, a placing of top 6 in the individual event, top 2 in the team event;
    4) At various provincial,autonomous regions and municipalities youth tournaments, a placing of top 3 in the individual event , champion in the team event.
    ( I assumed where doubles are not mentioned, the results refer to singles only).

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,786
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Based on the article you linked at badminton.sport.org.cn, it is stated that a top 3 placing in the BWF annual World Superseries Finals do count for the world-class (international) master level, whereas the rest of the PSS/SS are excluded.

    For the master level(I'm referring to 2cents' translation), just one class below, a top 3 placing in any of the BWF 4-star and above series which I believe refer to all the Superseries both PSS and normal SS are counted. The Asian Games and,surprisingly, the Asia Badminton Championships are also included, with top 3 placing for the team event and top 6 for the individuals( whether singles or doubles). CMIIW.

    For Tang Wei's Level 2 Athlete certification, the criteria are any one of the following:-
    1) At the National Junior Championships,a Group A singles or (mixed)doubles placing of 5th to 8th , a Group B singles placing of 3rd to 6th;
    2) At National Juvenile (young boys and girls) tournament, for Boys U16 and Girls U15, a placing of 2nd to 6th in singles;
    3) At various provincial,autonomous regions and municipalities tournaments, a placing of top 6 in the individual event, top 2 in the team event;
    4) At various provincial,autonomous regions and municipalities youth tournaments, a placing of top 3 in the individual event , champion in the team event.
    ( I assumed where doubles are not mentioned, the results refer to singles only).
    Excellent work on the translation. Now we know why Lin Dan likes to participate in the Asian Badminton Championship event, even though it is only a GP Gold event!!!

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    14,345
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    Excellent work on the translation. Now we know why Lin Dan likes to participate in the Asian Badminton Championship event, even though it is only a GP Gold event!!!
    I'm not aware that Lin Dan likes to participate in the ABC. Maybe to CHN, any event that's of Asia or Asian is of national importance to them. But I noticed CHN don't always sent all their top tier players to the Asia Badminton Championships, noteworthy is the 2010 edition where the WS was won by LXR against Liu Xin, both relative unknowns then, yet LXR beat Saina Nehwal in the semi-final; yes,in that edition, Lin Dan was present and he beat Wang Zhengming in the final.

    Perhaps it's significant that Lin Dan chose this year's Asia championship to be his first comeback tournament. In fact CHN is out in full force to support the event which can be seen as a goodwill gesture for the continuous betterment of cross-strait relations.

  6. #23
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,909
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    Miss Tang Wei, the star of "Lust, Caution", was an assistant coach of badminton during her time in England!!!

    http://home.ttymq.com/space-4364-do-blog-id-28448.html
    not sure who has a tougher life. an artist or badminton player.

    and surely the first thing you all noticed is her badminton muscles while watching "Lust, Caution". or did the attention go somewhere else?

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,786
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    I'm not aware that Lin Dan likes to participate in the ABC. Maybe to CHN, any event that's of Asia or Asian is of national importance to them. But I noticed CHN don't always sent all their top tier players to the Asia Badminton Championships, noteworthy is the 2010 edition where the WS was won by LXR against Liu Xin, both relative unknowns then, yet LXR beat Saina Nehwal in the semi-final; yes,in that edition, Lin Dan was present and he beat Wang Zhengming in the final.

    Perhaps it's significant that Lin Dan chose this year's Asia championship to be his first comeback tournament. In fact CHN is out in full force to support the event which can be seen as a goodwill gesture for the continuous betterment of cross-strait relations.
    I saw LXR play for the first time at the 2010 BAC (on TV of course). Even though she won, I didn't pay much attention to her back then. Now she is one of my favourite players!!!

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,786
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    not sure who has a tougher life. an artist or badminton player.

    and surely the first thing you all noticed is her badminton muscles while watching "Lust, Caution". or did the attention go somewhere else?
    “Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.” ~ Jawaharlal Nehru (Former Prime Minister of India)

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,892
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nice...'I lop baddie

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Slum
    Posts
    414
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    there's a video online showing she hit a few strokes in a room. Based on those, she seems not much better than an absolute beginner. I seriously doubt she's an athlete of any sort.

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    1,638
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Female badminton needs more girls' with slim figures like Tang Wei. Look at all these players like Yu Yang, Wang Xiaoli, Tine Baun, Juliane Schenk..... They are so muscular.

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    14,345
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    “Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.” ~ Jawaharlal Nehru (Former Prime Minister of India)
    I'm pleased, this is exactly the same quote I posted before. Nehru is one of my most admired Indian great men, together with Mahatma Gandhi and Dr Ambedkar in modern times.

    I believe for Tang Wei, life as an artist even when she was down was easier, acting/modelling is something she does naturally and effortlessly, unlike badminton where she still has to learn and improve upon.

    Female players with slim figures like Tang Wei look good but unfortunately they have to play more and more like men in order to excel, so those with big,strong bodies seem to have the advantage though not necessarily, I hope.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •