Beginner buying a racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Syaoran74, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Syaoran74

Syaoran74 New Member

Hi
    I've just started playing badminton more regularly and I figured I should buy a racket of my own rather than borrowing a friend's all the time. He let use his armortec 900 technique mainly but his now selling me either his armortec 900 power or arcsaber z slash. I liked the technique but didn't feel power from it. I also tried his nano something which had more power in my opinion. Which racket should I get? To help with forming proper techniques and learningthe game
    Thanks
    PS: I haven't been able to try it coz he hasn't strung them yet

2. Kalen

Kalen Regular Member

Depends on you. What I can suggest you to get the Armortec 900P because you've just started playing badminton. Of course, if you have any choice, I wouldn't tell you to get either of them, because you're still learning. Either way, I guess you're getting a good deal into those rackets so...no complain.

The Armortec 900P is a heavy head racket so you can get much more power from it with raw power. The Z slash is less heavy head, it's more toward the even balance. Due to the THIN and small frame, it's more easy break and the sweet spot is obviously smaller too. However, the strongest smasher was able to achieve faster than 400km/h, which is world record..

Anyway, you can find a lot of reviews in these 2 rackets but like I said, I suggest the Armortec 900P just because it more heavy head and it won't break too easily.