6mm difference between stringing machines

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Matsumo, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Matsumo

Matsumo Regular Member

Sales Manager
    Hi,

I have something to share with you.

My first stringing machine was the st-250
    With the st-250 i always thought my rackets where a little wide-headed.Also when i was doing crosses i would have to tighten the side supports often as they become just a little loose. I went to the store with my finished rackets and they told me there was nothing wrong with my stringjobs. But i could convince them to replace the side supports with some new ones. But after that i still had the same problem. But after a year i bought a pro's pro challenger 1 because although i know it isnt the best quality stringing machine the side supports looked very strong to me. Well i have 2 arcs10. So i strung one arc10 with the challenger I and it was really a big difference. I measured the frames of both arc10.

The arc10 strung by st-250: 203 mm
    The arc10 strung by challenger 197 mm

Very big difference. Now my rackets are looking very nice and just right!

I don't think pro's pro are the best stringing machines but i am glad they have good sidesupports.

Next time i buy gamma if i could find one in holland!

2. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Of course the Challenger is gonna make a big difference on your racket's shape compared to the ST-250.

First, Eagnas machines are terribly made and of sub par quality.

Second, the ST-250 doesn't have a suspension mounting system and the challenger does. Imo, it is a critical feature for any stringing machine. It makes a huge difference.

3. Matsumo

Matsumo Regular Member

Sales Manager
    Very much so Yan.v the st-250 is very disapointing. Further more i think the dropweight system delivers a far better stringjob imho than a crank. Crank way faster tough:rolleyes:

but.... isnt the challenger also eagnas crafted ? :D

4. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    They are the OEM for many brands, not sure if Pro's Pro is one of them.

I've never owned a Pro's Pro, but I did own and see a couple Eagnas machines, and it was obvious that the quality was very crude, the design wasn't good and the QA was inexistant.

5. Matsumo

Matsumo Regular Member

Sales Manager
    Yes very much so. I don't understand the design of the v shaped supports. They block the grommets although i've read that you can adjust the machine so that no grommet is blocked. Well loving the machine! but i am saving for something better and faster because it takes me about 50 mins now and before like 25 mins. Of course it can be done faster after some period but compared to the crank its more work. Dropweight much better for holding tension. after a week i could feel the tension drop with the crankmachine even though i pulled 2 times each string and use good knots. Now with the dropweight i can hardly feel any tension drop. Personally i would never advise crank to anybody even if it does have good sidesupports. Dropweight is overall better for getting rid of slack.