User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    does he really meant that?
    LD has enough points to qualify for the WC, it's just a choice to send LD or 2 other youngsters.

or is he just playing mind game?
    There is another article where the author explains it better without quoting LYB's tacit remarks/statements http://sports.qq.com/a/20130325/000643.htm

My understanding is Lin Dan is now ranked 41. There are already six other CHN MS ahead of him in ranking and they are within the top 32. Of the six, 3 are within top 8 i.e. CL at #2, DPY at #3 and CJ at #7, and 4 are within top 24 with WZM at #11, with Gao Huan at #26 and Chen Yuekun at #32.

The rule says CHN or any country for that matter can send 4 players if they are ranked within top 8, or 3 players if they are within top 24, or only 2 if they are within top 32. So even if Lin Dan managed to improve his ranking to within 32 by Apr 25th, say by winning the ABC which is equivalent to grand prix level and gaining 7000 points as a result, then in order to select Lin Dan CHN can send only two contestants - as AlanY has rightly pointed out, 2 of the 3 eligible will have to be sacrificed to make way for him.

However, this is what LYB and, I inferred, Lin Dan too, are unwilling to do as implied in the earlier article I posted above. The author also concluded based on the above analysis that Lin Dan is out of this WC.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    i wonder if LCW will walkout..
    Impossible, friend, how could you even think of it. Besides, BAM and his sponsors will never allow it, barring unforeseen circumstances. Winning at least one major title (apart from the AE) is his lifelong dream, and nothing is going to stop him.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    There is another article where the author explains it better without quoting LYB's tacit remarks/statements http://sports.qq.com/a/20130325/000643.htm

My understanding is Lin Dan is now ranked 41. There are already six other CHN MS ahead of him in ranking and they are within the top 32. Of the six, 3 are within top 8 i.e. CL at #2, DPY at #3 and CJ at #7, and 4 are within top 24 with WZM at #11, with Gao Huan at #26 and Chen Yuekun at #32.

The rule says CHN or any country for that matter can send 4 players if they are ranked within top 8, or 3 players if they are within top 24, or only 2 if they are within top 32. So even if Lin Dan managed to improve his ranking to within 32 by Apr 25th, say by winning the ABC which is equivalent to grand prix level and gaining 7000 points as a result, then in order to select Lin Dan CHN can send only two contestants - as AlanY has rightly pointed out, 2 of the 3 eligible will have to be sacrificed to make way for him.

However, this is what LYB and, I inferred, Lin Dan too, are unwilling to do as implied in the earlier article I posted above. The author also concluded based on the above analysis that Lin Dan is out of this WC.
    it's max of 2 if they are within the top 150.

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file_dow...d=422679&tid=1

that's why LD always can go if he wanted to.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    i wonder if LCW will walkout..
    Impossible, friend, how could you even think of it. Besides, BAM and his sponsors will never allow it, barring unforeseen circumstances. Winning at least one major title (apart from the AE) is his lifelong dream, and nothing is going to stop him.
    in ancient times maybe. times when warrior will forfeit a match due to lack of worthy opponent.

these days, $millions are at stake. it will never happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no lack of worthy opponent with Chen Long whose head to head with LCW is getting better.

Back to topic, I don't think WC 13 is the best chance for LCW, he is getting older now. His best chance probably 2 or 3 years ago. But I think this is the last good chance for LCW because the up and coming players will be stronger next year.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2010 lin dan lost
    but lcw never win.
    2013 ae,lin dan never come,but lcw also lost
    wakakakaka!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps the final confirmation of Lin Dan's participation will be known just before the dateline (second Thurs of May). Let's hope for a joyous turn of events, a wonderful outcome; you may never know.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's max of 2 if they are within the top 150.

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file_dow...d=422679&tid=1

that's why LD always can go if he wanted to.
    Thanks, you're right. My understanding was based on reading that article, apparently the author got it partially wrong; I should've read the BWF regulations. But I still believe both LYB and Lin Dan are unwilling to do that i.e. sacrifice two of his teammates.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another interesting statistics is the H2H between Chen Long and Lee CW in the finals.

we all know about the mental supremacy, or the lack of it for the Malaysian, and the record shown.
    they'd played in 5 finals altogether and CL won the last 4 with 3 in straight games.
    the only final LCW won against CL was a GP t'ment at home almost 4 years ago.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WC'13 might be LCW's final,lucky break. I just don't like the idea of anyone winning it without the reigning world champion Lin Dan's participation.

Without Lin Dan,the sponsors are the biggest losers and they should be pretty anxious about it, more than the spectators and fans, I think.

As I've said before, the WC is different from the Olympics with its other agenda nor is it the same as any one of the 12 Superseries or 5 Premier SS for that matter. The winner is entitled to call himself World Champion and he has the same right as any challenger to fight for the title each time, and not be denied from doing so. What's equally if not more important is that the challenger becomes the world champion by beating all the best contestants which of course must include the reigning or defending world champion.

But unlike the challenger who has to earn the right to fight for the title, the world champion by virtue of his position should have the prerogative to defend his title against any worthy challenger(s). By doing so, both the world champion and the challengers uphold the integrity, recognition,honour and legitimacy of the World Championship as the top achievement.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another interesting statistics is the H2H between Chen Long and Lee CW in the finals.

we all know about the mental supremacy, or the lack of it for the Malaysian, and the record shown.
    they'd played in 5 finals altogether and CL won the last 4 with 3 in straight games.
    the only final LCW won against CL was a GP t'ment at home almost 4 years ago.
    Quite revealing stats you've there, Alan, thanks. To think Chen Long isn't even halfway through his career and yet to reach his peak performance, in my opinion. In other words, he is still improving, and that's scary.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assuming there's no Lin Dan for this WC'13 and the top contenders are LCW and Chen Long, I'd like to speculate on the dark horse(s). Based on the most recent form, my top pick is Wang Zhengming. Other prospects might be Du Pengyu and JOJ.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite revealing stats you've there, Alan, thanks. To think Chen Long isn't even halfway through his career and yet to reach his peak performance, in my opinion. In other words, he is still improving, and that's scary.
    Because of his body mass and style of play, CL won't be at the top of his form for very long. I beleive he only have two more years to grab whatever there is to grab for him. After that, physical problems will start to manifest.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though i don't wish him bad luck! He seems to be a nice fellow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think LCW will be so motivated during this year WC
    LD is out, the chance is 50-50 to CL
    hopefully his motivation will make him win WC
    i think, no one active player deserve WC title than LCW

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW's best chance was in Paris?

Well, I was there and I am very sure Paris was not his best chance. His best chance was in 2011.

In Paris, after LCW lost to Taufik (he played in the morning session), LD did not show full enthusiasm and lost to PSH in the first match of the afternoon session. PSH then proceeded to lose to Taufik. Who then lost to CJ.

Put in reverse, if LCW had won, it stands to reason that LD would have won too ......

But for this tournament, the favourite now should be Chen Long. As long as he doesn't freeze (like in 2011 WC) or start slowly (in 2012 Olympics), that is.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As always, abedeng's post makes the most sense

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast